Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent Indicators - should be funny, but it's not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Indicators - should be funny, but it's not.

Keep getting a warning on my dash saying the front left indicators out. Took it to dealers for a bulb change but no different. (How annoying is that - have to use dealers to change a bulb?!?!?!)

Rear and side repeaters work fine. Large connector on back of main lamp unit removed, cleaned up, sprayed and replaced but no change.

Can't see any obvious wiring damage, loose connections, etc.....etc....

Anybody got wiring diagrams or suggestions?

sigpic

I am experiencing the same fault Can only think its a connector block or a fault in the indicator stalk as my cruise control is also only working intermittently.

Comment

Originally posted by Astranomical102 View Post
      I am experiencing the same fault Can only think its a connector block or a fault in the indicator stalk as my cruise control is also only working intermittently.
      My cruise control was intermittent for about 2 weeks last year then it just fixed itself.

As for the indicator, I'm guessing it's the connector block on the main headlamp unit. If it was the indicator stalk I think it would knock out all the indicators on one side rather than just the front one. I just moved the cable loom on the back of that connector slightly and the problem happens 10% as often as it did which almost certainly means a loose connection/bad earth somewhere nearby.

Hopefully this weekend it'll stay dry and I'll get to have a proper look at it.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Craig

sigpic

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by BigC-VXR View Post
            My cruise control was intermittent for about 2 weeks last year then it just fixed itself.

As for the indicator, I'm guessing it's the connector block on the main headlamp unit. If it was the indicator stalk I think it would knock out all the indicators on one side rather than just the front one. I just moved the cable loom on the back of that connector slightly and the problem happens 10% as often as it did which almost certainly means a loose connection/bad earth somewhere nearby.

Hopefully this weekend it'll stay dry and I'll get to have a proper look at it.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

Craig

Just in-case your not aware, on the cruise bit, you have touch the brakes/cltuch first before it activates on each strat of the ignition. Just wondered in case this was the intermittent bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
              Just in-case your not aware, on the cruise bit, you have touch the brakes/cltuch first before it activates on each strat of the ignition. Just wondered in case this was the intermittent bit.
              No, it just randomly comes up on the screen that there's a fault. Could be when I turn the ignition on or could be after half an hour of driving.

sigpic

Comment

With the cruise fault on mine you can be driving along with the cruise engaged press for increased speed and it turns off and wont turn back on until the next time the car is started. More irritating than anything else. The front indicator however is bloody annoying it will work fine for days then just stop there is no pattern or obvious reason, could just be a bad earth. Will take the bumper off and have a look next time i get a break from work

Comment

With the cruise fault on mine you can be driving along with the cruise engaged press for increased speed and it turns off and wont turn back on until the next time the car is started. More irritating than anything else. The front indicator however is bloody annoying it will work fine for days then just stop there is no pattern or obvious reason, could just be a bad earth. Will take the bumper off and have a look next time i get a break from work
                  Had a quick look this morning and I'm 99% convinced the problem lies with the connector on the back of the main lamp unit. i.e. Moving the cable by hand is generating/clearing the fault.
                  If the weather holds up this afternoon, I'll take it out and see if one of the wires isn't seated properly in the connector. Hopefully that's all it is!

sigpic

Comment

Sorted!

All sorted! Easy enough and took about an hour in the dark.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67156

Hope yours is the same easy/cheap fault.

sigpic

Comment

Glad to here it...I love sorting stuff out for myself.

Was it just a loose connection then?
                      sigpic

Comment

The connector on the bulb holder was damaged.
                        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Just fixed mine turned out to be exactly the same fault as yours
                          Thanks for your assistance in pointing me in the correct direction

Comment

Just fixed mine turned out to be exactly the same fault as yours
                            Thanks for your assistance in pointing me in the correct direction
                            No worries mate - glad I could help out. It's normally me getting tips so it's nice to repay the favour for the first time ever!!!!

sigpic

Comment

and if you sort your cruise control out, let me know. Mine's started doing it again although only very, very occasionally this time.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X