This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my vxr :(

I keep getting the abs light traction control light and the sport mode light on my dash at the same time, so the problem must be common to them all. I just had a new shock absorber fitted at vauxhall. If I turn the engine off it goes away and comes back every other day, can anyone shed any light on this?.

something to do with the IDS perhaps?
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

I will most probably get shot too death here buddy, im sure there is a sensor on the front suspension leg, it can work free, check that out, make sure it defo is pushed right in and the ring securely tightened round it mate,
      Thats all i can think of, but im sure this will prob be wrong, lol but its something at least
      Last edited by vxr-bandit; 10 October 2009, 11:09 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

This may sound like a silly question, but what tyres are you on?

I had loads of hassle with my ABS light over last winter, the car was in and out of the dealers like nobody's business. Changed all 4 tyres because they were cheapo ditchfinders, and haven't had a problem since....

Comment

Originally posted by evyboy View Post
          I will most probably get shot too death here buddy, im sure there is a sensor on the front suspension leg, it can work free, check that out, make sure it defo is pushed right in and the ring securely tightened round it mate,
          Thats all i can think of, but im sure this will prob be wrong, lol but its something at least
          Stu your bang on the money with your answer m8, the op needs to check it isn't loose as this will most definetly cause the above.

Comment

Yaay i talked sense for once, im getting better
            sigpic

Comment

You are right m8y the sensor has come loose.
              Last edited by Cottee; 12 October 2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Did it work mate?
                sigpic

Comment

Check my post. Its common, looks liek the connector is in but it ain't !!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65464

Comment

Working...
                  X