X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting Upgrades

Hi guys,

Was wondering about upgrading some of the lighting on my Veccy.

1st, Sidelights changed from normal bulb to LED. Has anyone done this? Does it look any good? (I'm thinking of White LED (5x clusters), blue is illegal I think).

2nd, Changing the colour of the interior down light (from the rear view mirror). Is it possible to change from the standard orange to say blue?

Thx,

Alex

The vectra on board warning doesnt agree with the sidelight led's due to the drop in voltage , better going for the mtec 501 bulbs . Never seen anyone change the amber light on the rear view mirror but suppose it would be possible although I had a look myself and cant see how you could strip down the housing to get to it

Comment

Do I have to remove the headlight unit and the front bumper to change a bulb ?

Comment

no you just need to scrape your knuckles and fiddle about in the dark

ive done it. Passenger side is easy as you remove the windscreen washer filler neck (with the yellow cap) just make sure you havent recently filled it then just pull straight up and it comes out

Drivers side is a bit harder, but it can be done.

Comment

These have been done to mine by the prev owner. Car recognises a fault with the white LED sidelights and I have bright blue lights by the mirror.

Comment

as davie says mtec 501 bulbs are the way to go buddy

Comment

Originally posted by judopez78 View Post
              These have been done to mine by the prev owner. Car recognises a fault with the white LED sidelights and I have bright blue lights by the mirror.
              I believe I can get load resistors for the LED replacements. How did you replace the amber light on the mirror ?

Comment

Like I said, previous owner had done it.

Sorry can't be anymore help!

Comment

ive changed my sidelights to 15led tower units from ultra led had to put a resister on so on board comp doesnt come up with blown bulb,they do look the dogs and are very bright

Comment

any pics ?

Comment

couple of pics of 15 led mini towers from ultraled,just need to find some foglight and high beam bulbs to match
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by damian 121; 26 October 2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damian 121 View Post
                        ive changed my sidelights to 15led tower units from ultra led had to put a resister on so on board comp doesn't come up with blown bulb,they do look the dogs and are very bright
                        Have you got any pics of where & how you fitted the resisters?

Comment

the resisters come with scotch locks and just connect them to the wires of the side lightlights,they are real easy to fit

Comment

i thought you can get tower can bus leds now or is it just normal led towers?
                            sapphire black vectra vxr lowered on H&R`s,tints all round,main cat delete,center silencer delete.mapped by rabbid,302.4bhp,420lb torque

Comment

hids4u sell canbus specific leds, not cheap though, think theyre about 16 quid. if you enter toyota pro you get 25% discount though

Comment

Working...
                              X