This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condensation

With all the rubbish weather we've been having up here my headlamps have started to mist up internally. The question is this acceptable or are they mean't to be sealed units. Reason I ask is that my old cougar had the same problem and it became a real nightmare as all the connections ended up corroded and eventually caused the whole front end lights to blow every few weeks. Will vauxhall change them under warranty?

I would like to know as well, cause mine are misting up.
    Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

Common fault on most Vauxhalls. Get into your stealer & try for warranty!

Comment

your dealer will tell you that as long as the condensation clears within 20 minutes of switching them on, its perfectly normal !

just to warn you and avoid you wasting your trip

Comment

Originally posted by MrLOL View Post
          your dealer will tell you that as long as the condensation clears within 20 minutes of switching them on, its perfectly normal !

just to warn you and avoid you wasting your trip

yes i have tried that.....

Comment

If it doesnt clear after 20mins they should be replaced

Comment

looks like i'm going to the dealers then as they definatley don't clear within 20 mins. If they change both headlamps does anyone know if it would be possible to upgrade to full xenon with corner folowing or is the wiring loom different

Comment

Hi Mate i had this problem before on my last vectra , all i did was got a small bag of silca gel and bluetacked it to the inside of each headlamp cap and it soon cleared as it took all the moisture out and lasted for about 2 years, hope that helps as vauxhall will try every excuse to NOT replace your headlights!

Comment

Originally posted by lochgilp View Post
                  Hi Mate i had this problem before on my last vectra , all i did was got a small bag of silca gel and bluetacked it to the inside of each headlamp cap and it soon cleared as it took all the moisture out and lasted for about 2 years, hope that helps as vauxhall will try every excuse to NOT replace your headlights!
                  nice one....

were did you get your silca gel from....?

Comment

Either out of packaging for more electronics stuff or here...

http://www.magichem.co.uk/sachets.htm
                    sigpic

Comment

yep just ask any of your mates if that have bought new trainers as there are usually a few packs in them!!lol!! all i did was went into a local shop and they had some kicking about out the back

Comment

Working...
                      X