X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneven tyre wear

Hi all,

Just had 2 new rear tyres fitted and the near side one was badly worn, very uneven. The outer edge had 2mm of tread whereas the inner edge was worn past the legal limits. The off side one was very evenly worn. Tyre fitter said its something to do with the camber setup of that wheel...and that it may have taken a knock out of line at some point.

Any ideas....?

Cheers,

SJ.

Mine are the same. About to have all 4 tyres changed as noticed lastnight they are close to limits, but the inside of both rear wheels are literally bald.

Comment

my rear tyres are the same as yours and i had just fixed my set up and the camber in the rear is iut of range and it can not be ajusted....

but my toe in and toe out was fixed.....

Comment

Originally posted by hapsdoggen View Post
        my rear tyres are the same as yours and i had just fixed my set up and the camber in the rear is iut of range and it can not be ajusted....

but my toe in and toe out was fixed.....
        ....so its just one of those things and to be expected.....?

(mind you, I got 30k from the set of rears so not at all bad..>!)

Comment

are your car lowered...?

mine are lowered with H&R springs and i didnt got my set up fixed after 2000km and in that time my rear tyres began to rumble and make noise...

so got my set up toe in toe out fixed when shifting to winter tyres but my rear camber is still out of range and cant be ajusted but my mekanik said that it is the toe in and tor out that does the uneven tyre..

but when i get my new summer wheels on it will be nice to see if it fixed it...

im running 225/30-20 so i dont wnat to change my tyres to often because thye cost money...

Comment

No the rear wear on the the tyres is mainly due ot the camber. The rear of the vectra can have the camber adjusted. What determines the amount it goes out of range will be the the amount the car has been lowered.

Also if you carry heavy loads frequently the camber will go more negative, so there is a setting which should where possible always be kept too.
            Last edited by ; 14 November 2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
              No the rear wear on the the tyres is mainly due ot the camber. The rear of the vectra can have the camber adjusted. What determines the amount it goes out of range will be the the amount the car has been lowered.

Also if you carry heavy loads frequently the camber will go more negative, so there is a setting which should where possible always be kept too.
              Car is not lowered but I do often have a boot full of tools etc so is usually carrying about 100kg's of extra weight.

It was just odd that one side was perfect wear and the other terrible.

Thanks for the advice.

Simon.

Comment

...could this also explain a rubbing type of noise heard by rear seat passengers....?

Comment

Working...
                X