This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 BHP

When I get a chance I will write a note on the Vectra's power V a Porsche 996 C4 300bhp car. My only comment now is the Vectra does not have the instant push of the 911 and the constant pull and urgency to the red line. However having said all that, it is much better than I expected, so am I smiling, absolutely.
    Now, will all these tuner bods be able to make a chip to say provide 300bhp, BUT without making it all 'hot headed' ?
    What are these Courtney (?) people up to ?
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Was quoted about 285 from the guys at the VXRPC, I think you'll need more than a chip to get much more, especially as the weather gets hotter. I'm hoping to go to the TMS day on the 29th so might be able to get some info out of the guys there on the Vectra developments.

Comment

Urgency to the red line will be sorted soon! I have a ( ) weapon to deploy in May with Courtenay's, which will help a great deal.
      Once the maps arrive and the Miltek is fitted I think it will be equating to well over 300 bhp we'll. Also from a recent rolling road session I understand that the Vectra is better in handling the heat output with repeated high speed engine runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystvxr
        Was quoted about 285 from the guys at the VXRPC, I think you'll need more than a chip to get much more, especially as the weather gets hotter. I'm hoping to go to the TMS day on the 29th so might be able to get some info out of the guys there on the Vectra developments.
        Who are VXRPC ? and the TMS day .. I will post this but also do a search
        2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

VXR Performanace centre aka Triple Eight Race Engineering Ltd
          TMS aka Thorney Motorsport, Milton Keynes
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
            I understand that the Vectra is better in handling the heat output with repeated high speed engine runs.
            Thats correct due to the different way that heat is managed from the engine.

Comment

Vxr Vectra remap wont come so easy as VXR Astra, there are other parts that maybe required too, VXPC development car is due to land soon then serious work can resume, safe to say power hike and suspension tweeks are in hand, be patient people.
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X