This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Had to take the Vectra in for a droopy exhaust, which has been partially corrected. The car goes in next week for a number of things to be looked at one of which is fuel consumption.
    I have noticed a drop from 27/28 to 23/24 over the last 3 or 4 tanks of fuel (3 of them have been Super Unleaded).
    The roads used and driving style have not altered, so I thought I would ask what others are getting. The most disturbing fact is that the last tank 23.7 was achieved with an 85 mile run on the M4 (The stretch with the speed cameras) so the cruise was set to 70.

Does seem strange that its has dropped suddenly, sure its got nothing to do with a little more progress driving?

Comment

Hi Mark, no I have excluded from the figures the tank of fuel where I excersised the engine to the upper limit of the rev range. I then filled it early this week and it has done 23.66 mpg including as I said an 80 mile round trip to Swindon at 70 in 6th.
      I have filled it again and after 30 miles (to Bath and back) it is around 22 mpg.

Comment

Mine seems to be 25mpg, I was just double checking the computer and of course Optimax, with one top up with 99octane Tesco.
        168.3 miles on 30litres
        2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

mine has 1500 miles on her now and over that she averages around 28. that includes some more enthusiastic driving which means the VXR is easier run than my old 3.2 gsi.i cant fault the fuel consumption

Comment

As a comparison we have filled the tank of the Astra after it's first week. Gabriel has managed to return 32.3. Now 2 weeks ago when he took the Vectra (50% A Road 50% Motorway) he couldn't get above 26ish.
            The dealer is going to plug it into their computer and see what they can find.

Comment

Hey all ... New to this ... I got 30 mpg Leicestershire to weymouth doing 80-85 most the way and on one tank !!!!

Comment

Well the car is back out of the garage and they have stated that their is no problem with the car and it must be how it is has been driven.
                I have made the point that I find this unlikely and bizarely today after being filled and run along the same A Roads it is returning an average of 30 MPG (I did see 32 at one point but parking up put paid to that).

Comment

MPG

errr mine today was 22.8mpg .. this is me calculating not th on board comp
                  2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Hi all, im a new member but this is now my new home.
                    My 255ps vectra recently returned 30mpg on a sensable 250 mile run from leics to cornwall (kids on board). However the comp shows an average of 22.7 mpg since new (7000 miles ago) I think anything more than 25 on a combined cycle is optamistic

Comment

Mine sits on 26.7 average over 10500 miles...hardly optimistic...and very sprited driving.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have to drive like a saint to average 27mpg. Do you think there is a fault with mine. The book combined figure is about 27 if i remember correctly and you normally do well to get the book figure in my experience of my previous motors. My 3.2 gsi seemed to fair slighty better than the vxr

Comment

I must be more than a saint then coz I get 29 overall, 36 on the motorway or 23 around town, but I'll say it again some say I drive like miss daisy.

Comment

If i didn't have all that extra weight on the back I'd be doing 29 ;>...if it was on the road!
                            sigpic

Comment

Any news on that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X