This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Problem!

Just got the dyson out to give the car a clean after the weekend...and low and behold one plastic bit found under the front drivers seat.
    Seems it;s the surround from the front bloster thingy (release handle) all seems a bit flimsy. Looks like the little catches that hold it in the seat have broken.
    Can we get these Recaro parts separately?
    sigpic

Yes you can, I had to get the plastic surround on the pull out bit
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Sounds like the same part...did they do it under warranty?
      sigpic

Comment

no, I just bought it as the old part had disappeared, think it was £4.20

Comment

Should cover it under warranty.

Comment

Just been to the dealers...warranty no problem.
            It has a GM part number does that mean Recaro are owned by GM?
            sigpic

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. It was replaced under warranty but it took the dealer 2 weeks to get the part. Its also taken them 2 weeks so far to get me a replacement tyre inflation kit, not that they are much good. when I tried to use the last one, the gell just came out of the puncture hole & I ended up having the car recovered. It also took 2 weeks for a boot liner. Bit of a pattern forming !!!

Comment

For the items I wanted, once the part number is confirmed .. it is pretty quick to get ... maybe your parts dept don't order same day.. who knows

Comment

Ordering part should happen the same day really. What you need to do is ask whether the part is on back order, dealer will get told this when they order. If yes then it will take some time. Usually if a part is ordered it should arrive the following day in most cases.

Comment

I think the problem is the dealers incompetance, such as ordering the wrong parts or just making promises they can't fulfill. The service department has really let the dealership down. I now use another dealer in Crewe, no probs so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X