This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra vxr rear exhaust box

Hi I'm after a set of standard rear boxes. As just bought car and thought exhaust was just after Market. But showed car to vxr dave and he pointed out that the boxes look like Cdti boxes and that would explain the rather quiet exhaust. So really after standard boxes.

Jonesy

You got pics mate? Seems very weird lol
    sigpic

Comment

I'll take some later and post on here later on.

Jonesy

Comment

There you go stewarty ur man on vectra m8

Comment

exhasut boxs

hi yea mate are they the oblong tips as per vectra vxr if so they should be vxr.seems very strange to get cdti boxs on vxr.try going to your local longlife exhaust gys or simillar and get custome made as you then get life time warrenty on them and they sound great specialy if you have center taken out and mid cat
          sigpicCUSTOME EXHAUST,TOUCH SCREEN,SATNAV,REVERSE CAM DVD,TV,BLUETOOTH
          ITG,SMD,STAGE 2 MAP,CUSTOME GRILL,TINT,S,H and R Springs,GEO,DE BADGE,PRO RACE 1.2 ALLOYS,VXR PEDALS.BOOST GAUGE,BLUE FOOT WELL LIGHTS. BONNET RAISE,BONNET VENTS,OMP Seats ,Caged,Weight Reduction,Hydro Dip,Inlarged Intake,Mod Air Box,Up Rated Disc,s and Pads.

Comment

yes they are oblong tips. just that the rear bumper has the shape of the normal vxr exhaust in it. and it is very quiet, well more so than what i would of thought it to be.

jonesy

Comment

Only thing I can suggest is he has swapped with someone before selling, just to make a couple of quid mate how long have you had the car?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                Only thing I can suggest is he has swapped with someone before selling, just to make a couple of quid mate how long have you had the car?
                That is my exact thought, only had it to weeks. even vxr mark has seen the exhaust on the huntsanton meet and he agrees they arent the right boxes for the car. just gonna keep an eye out for a set of standard for now and a decat pipe for middle section. then will look at maybe putting something different on when i have a few quid spare, as competing in brc challenge and that is sapping alot of cash away at the moment.

jonesy

Comment

Not a zorst off a police special is it, though iirc they were oval.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

A pic would be awesome to confirm, but sounds like its std vectra backboxes, I'd have a look under neath too, incase its a full system off a lesser model, I'd be back at the dealers
                    sigpic

Comment

pics of exhaust

vectra exhaust 001.JPg

vectra exhaust 003.JPG

here is a selection of pics of the exhaust in question.
                      Last edited by Jonesy84; 23 August 2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

more pics rest of exhaust sytem

i was able to get the part numbers of the nearside box they are as follows. and they are gm parts.

12 763 584
                        Last edited by Jonesy84; 23 August 2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

It's defo standard boxes from a vec c matey, get onto the dealer mate
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                            It's defo standard boxes from a vec c matey, get onto the dealer mate
                            would they have to do anything about it as it was sold to them like it. i dont know if the rest is a proper one it does look like it suits the car and large bore pipe work.

cant get another pic of rest of system as pics too big for my allowed attachment amount.

Comment

I'm not sure if they will have to do anything but I'd defo be letting them know of my displeasure,

When I sold my exhaust I sold the full system from Downpipe back, the pipework does look the same,
                              When the guy went to fit my vxr system to his car it required welding to reduce the vxr pipework onto his Downpipe, so I'd imagine if this wasn't a genuine vxr pipework it would require welding to make it larger to fit the vxr Downpipe if this makes sense? Lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X