This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con stopped working :(

put my air con on today and it appears to be blowing out normal air instead of cold air..
    even with the cold air on...do you need to re-gas them?? never had an air con go on me before

whats up with it and what sort of cost? i just got it back from the garage a week ago for a few other minor repairs fed up

Originally posted by stevxr View Post
    put my air con on today and it appears to be blowing out normal air instead of cold air..
    even with the cold air on...do you need to re-gas them?? never had an air con go on me before

whats up with it and what sort of cost? i just got it back from the garage a week ago for a few other minor repairs fed up
    Yes the air con does need regassing sometimes, plus it requires a service every 3 years which is not part of the normal service.

Also you should run the air con approx 10 - 15 mins per month to kept it in a running order (read the manual).

Comment

just been checking it and i can hear an odd noise when i activate air con any ideas what that could be?
      i think something has gone... the sound is like its trying to work but its struggling

Comment

Vauxhall say every 2 years for a re-gas.
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        I am pretty awesome.
        BOOM
        the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Originally posted by stevxr View Post
          just been checking it and i can hear an odd noise when i activate air con any ideas what that could be?
          i think something has gone... the sound is like its trying to work but its struggling
          compressor id say
          I am pretty awesome.
          BOOM
          the Moaning Mod

Comment

ah man!! back in the garage then again...

anyone have agood guess at the cost?

Comment

Depends if you can get trade or not? theres know point guessing at work it might be and crying with the price, id get it booked in to see what it could be, could be seals, pipes compressor ect,
              I am pretty awesome.
              BOOM
              the Moaning Mod

Comment

well roughly how much would it be if it was say the compressor? or if it needs regassed?

iv just spent a few hundered on it a week ago and im still suffering from that

Comment

hi there, well at work we charge £69 for an a/c regas, would of thought the compressor gone be few hundred.. who ever you get to do the job ask them to do a perssure check on the system first before they do the regas just in case theres a leak.
                  matt

Comment

thanks for that info

Comment

I've just got the Air con guy at work to refill mine and the first words on connecting the gauges were "oh you've got no gas" meaning I had a massive leak. Put a bit of gas in and started the car with air con on and you could see and hear it coming out. Says its prob a hole in the air con radiator or condenser so will need to get it in to the garage - which isn't a huge pain as its going for its cam belt done.

If you work in an office just have a word with the air con guys and see if they can refill yours for you.

edit:

Mine is the Astra but assume that all vaux air con is roughly the same.
                      Flame Red Astra VXR

Comment

Working...
                      X