This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX220 Boosting Issues

Hi,Im a registered member on vx220.org.uk & have posted this but still no joy so I thought I'd post it up on here too.
    Ive just (2 weeks ago) had my stage 4 done at CS which was awesome but last week the car just did'nt seem to boost properly at all after a heated blast
    When I looked in engine bay & vacuum pipe had came apart from rubber elbow below inlet manifold on solenoid,I replaced the pipe but it still did'nt boost properly, I since then have replaced the 2 boost solenoids (inlet & turbo), checked all pipes but not boosting properly. Today I got to work looking at everything again & noticed that a vacuum pipe had come away from the vacuum storage box under the inlet manifold, I replaced the pipe & secured all of them back on with petrol pipe clips to stop them coming off again, I thought this just HAS to be my problem BUT...... I put the car back together & tried it out & it's still the ******* same. If I pull away slowly and push the throttle down gradually I can get the car up to 5000rpm without the turbo boosting at all & the boost gauge stays at around -15 vacuum but if I plant the throttle it boosts but just does'ent boost as it did last week, the gauge reads -23 approx on idle & stays at roughly -15vac until I plant & get it boosting.
    I've tried everything now but can't find the answer,could this possibly be the MAP sensor?
    Cheers,
    Danny.

Originally posted by dannynewport View Post
    Hi,Im a registered member on vx220.org.uk & have posted this but still no joy so I thought I'd post it up on here too.
    Ive just (2 weeks ago) had my stage 4 done at CS which was awesome but last week the car just did'nt seem to boost properly at all after a heated blast
    When I looked in engine bay & vacuum pipe had came apart from rubber elbow below inlet manifold on solenoid,I replaced the pipe but it still did'nt boost properly, I since then have replaced the 2 boost solenoids (inlet & turbo), checked all pipes but not boosting properly. Today I got to work looking at everything again & noticed that a vacuum pipe had come away from the vacuum storage box under the inlet manifold, I replaced the pipe & secured all of them back on with petrol pipe clips to stop them coming off again, I thought this just HAS to be my problem BUT...... I put the car back together & tried it out & it's still the ******* same. If I pull away slowly and push the throttle down gradually I can get the car up to 5000rpm without the turbo boosting at all & the boost gauge stays at around -15 vacuum but if I plant the throttle it boosts but just does'ent boost as it did last week, the gauge reads -23 approx on idle & stays at roughly -15vac until I plant & get it boosting.
    I've tried everything now but can't find the answer,could this possibly be the MAP sensor?
    Cheers,
    Danny.
    Have you had it connected up to tech 2 or contacted courtenays?

Steve.
    sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
    for all your tuning needs.....
    01692 404313.

Comment

If it only happened after mapping take it back to CS

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by dannynewport View Post
        Cheers,
        Danny.
        Best contacting the tuner.

Have you tried replacing the air flow sensor on the inlet side of the cooler?

Comment

Originally posted by thealaype
          It works without SSH. And it appears that the issue is TortoiseSVNs since I get the same issues when connecting to my own SVN server over SSH. Hmm...
          Eh?

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

Working...
          X