X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I want to buy a VXR 220!

Hi all,
    I'm new to this board and am in the market for a VXR220. I see there are a few for sale right now.
    Unsurprisingly (seeing as only 65 of them were ever made) there ain't too many people posting on here....but anyone with any experience of them I'd like some help:
    - Do you know if it's possible to fit a larger roll hoop to the VXR? Last time I sat in an Exige, with my helmet on, it was about half way up the roll hoop on the rear - I guess the height of the roll hoop on the VXR is the same...? See here:
    This isn't actually me but is a mate of mine, who is about 3" shorter than me.
    http://images8.fotki.com/v140/fileLl...0/DSC_3585.jpg
    - The AP's which come as standard with the car - I intend to use the car as a track car only - has anyone felt the need tp upgrade the brakes?

mate another site you find the answers to all your questions
    www.vx220.org.uk
    huge VX owners community

Comment

Theres always a few of these for sale on piston heads if your after one.

Comment

Hi Stu
        I have a June 2004 VXR 220 for sale. Car number 8 with only 1980 miles on the clock. immaculalte condition and permanantly garaged. I am the second owner and i purchased the vehicle in Oct from Archie Moss in Loughbough
        The car also has reg OO03 VXR . If its of interet let me know.
        [email protected]
        07866 888790

Comment

Re: Help! I want to buy a VXR 220!

Originally posted by Stu-7
          Hi all,
          - Do you know if it's possible to fit a larger roll hoop to the VXR? Last time I sat in an Exige, with my helmet on, it was about half way up the roll hoop on the rear - I guess the height of the roll hoop on the VXR is the same...? See here:
          This isn't actually me but is a mate of mine, who is about 3" shorter than me.
          http://images8.fotki.com/v140/fileLl...0/DSC_3585.jpg
          - The AP's which come as standard with the car - I intend to use the car as a track car only - has anyone felt the need tp upgrade the brakes?
          Cant say if you can fit a larger roll bar, but if you want to use the car for some serious track work , then the AP 4 pot upgrades would be a big advantage. For fast road use, standard brakes , even with standard brake pads are fine.
          Mani
          Mani
          Lightning Yellow VXR 220
          Car 09

Comment

Working...
          X