• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zafira tyres

Any body know what a good tyre is for the zafira vxr

its got the snow flake alloys with perrreli pzeros at the mo

need to change them soon but dont know what will look/be the best

perrellis have last only 3k seem to soft !

Any ideals opinions most welcome !

I have the falken 452's and they have lasted me quite a few miles.

Seem a good tyre for the price

Comment

toyo's or dunlop sportsmax both are good.

Comment

if you want a tyre that will last ive still got the conti 2 tyres on my car from new when i brought the car from the dealer ive changed the front 2 tyre and now got the back 2 tyres on the front but need changing now but ive got 30000 miles out of them.

there a dear tyre and not the best for grip compared to some tyres but i havent had to buy tyres for over 3 1/2 years so at about £180 a tyre works out cheap considering you would be on your second or third set of tyres with a sticky tyre but thats on 19" wheels.
        Last edited by britishbeef; 19 July 2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Im running the Falken fk452s too and are ideal for the price!

Comment

falken 452,s ive had them on a yr and there still legal lol conti 3,s lasted me 4000 miles on the front done 7000 on the falkens and still got loads off tread left and i drive like a nutter lol
            Last edited by scoobieeccosse; 22 July 2010, 11:02 PM.
            www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

you got your bus sorted now scoobs?

Comment

Originally posted by britishbeef View Post
                you got your bus sorted now scoobs?
                yea body work is sorted but ids+2 and t/c aint now vxl is involved as its the ecu motherboard that is minced so there looking at hopefully fixing it
                www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Eagle f1 assy on mine mate never looked back
                  sigpic
                  JUST GOES LIKE STINK .... END OV!! Stage 3 and LSD to come next!!

Comment

sounds silly but some the cheeper tyres seem t be better on the busses... i know my meriv is smaller that a zaff but conts and avon have being garbage on my car i was recomended some at £68 per tyres online and they lasted si fleatcher 1000s miles on his merv
                    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

What size are the tyres for the Zaf? I know it's written on them, but it's raining and I cant be bothered to go and look

Cheers

Dave
                      sigpic

Comment

225/40/18

Comment

there 235/35/19 for 19"s mate
                          www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

The Conti Sport Contact 2's have lasted 8k on my wife's Zaffy & that's with her driving it mostly. It was the same story with previous cars I've owned fitted with Conti's, good grip but wear very very quickly.

To put things into context, my vxr8 covered 16,000 miles on the original Bridgestone Potenza's before I needed to replace the rears due to a damaged sidewall. They still had 3.5mm left - that includes a trip to Santa Pod & the Ring!

I read a really good review of Hankook Ultra's - tested on some serious machinery. Excellent grip & wear rate apparently, cheap too compared with Continentals. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Comment

Mine are near to their limit already, and I've not even covered 6k miles yet

Maybe it's the way I drive

Not sure which ones to get yet. In all honesty, will probably be the best deal I can get. I don't want a budget tyre, but I wouldn't know a budget tyre if it jumped up and bit me

Is there a reputable network out there somewhere that I can put my faith in? Or should I just go to Kwik Fit?

Cheers

Dave
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X