X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slipping" noise when taking foot of accelerator

Hi,

have my Zafira VXR now for a year. I've noticed a couple of weeks ago a strange noise when taking my foot of the accelerator. First I thought it was something to do with the gear change, but it does the same noise when I just accelerate and take my foot off. It is like a slipping, grinding noise. Difficult to explain, a bit like a humming top coming to the end of its spin, sort off. Happens mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I just had the car in the garage for the 1st service and mentioned it. They have heard it and recon it is the wastegate. However, we have another Zafira VXR and that is not doing this noise at all, so I am questioning this. I'm not impressed with the garage anyway and only go there to keep within the warranty.

Anybody here with the same noise or an explanation?

Cheers

Ecky

Dump valve!!! like a woosh noise???

Comment

Do a search for turkey noise

Astra

Comment

i had a retracting noise in my astra , when putting my foot down . But vx said it was a ABS check procedure .

Comment

does it sound like a turkey blowing loud if so its ur resirc valve does it do it when the bus is standing still and if u rev it do a vid so we can hear it mate
          www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
          www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Hi,

thanks for all the answers. I've had a look for 'turkey noise' and that could be it. It does it very briefly and not as loud when I am stationary. It is more pronounced when I change from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd gear. I will have a poke around and see if I can find a loose pipe somewhere.

I will be really p***ed off when I find a one and will have a go at the garage. I am not surprised that the garage didn't want to know. Charged £173 for the first service, which is basically an oil change. Things one has to do to keep the warranty running.....

Can anybody recommend a good garage that knows about VXRs around Reading? Just in case I can't find anything obvious. Looks like a few pipes are only accessible from underneath. Plus I don't really have a clue what I am looking for.

Cheers

Ecky

Comment

Which garage in Reading did you use?

VX Eden did all my servicing and never had a problem with them!

Comment

Yep, Eden, but definitely not impressed. in particularly with the price for the "oil change". Maybe got the wrong mechanic, not all of them will be familiar with a VXR I guess. How many do they see? Our two and yours? Mind you, they have a blue Astra VXR on the forecourt at the moment .... nice ;-).

Any other recommended garage around here?

Ecky

Comment

Could try AA Clark in Bracknell.

Comment

Originally posted by welshboy View Post
                    Could try AA Clark in Bracknell.
                    Cheers, will do.

Ecky

Comment

Hi i had same noise plus car going into limp mode and spanner on dash. I found that it also had error message 1106. The issue was a faulty BOOST CONTROL SOLINOID which is on the top of your turbo.Fitted it myself at a cost of £19.55 . hope it helps.

Comment

At last sorted

A big thanks to all of you folks that have posted and helped me with my problem.

Got it sorted, at last . And yes, it was a popped off pipe in an area that one only can get to when the car is up on a ramp. "Turkey noise" was the right key word.

Just noticed that I've never got my service booklet back after the first service (dealer or husband who picked it up), so had to go and order a new one. At least they will stamp it for me when it arrives as it is all on the computer and it was only the first service, easy (hopefully).

Off to enjoy the car now.

Thanks again for the help.

Ecky

Comment

glad u got it sorted and it was an easy fix
                          www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                          www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X