This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the words of James May...Oh ****!

Righto, no beating around the bush....giving it some beans this morning, coming back from dropping the missus off at work. ESP turned OFF as per usual on a blast. About 70ish mph (may have been a little more), in a straight line, i hit a damp patch, and lost traction. Straight away, the car did not like it. Cut the power (like a limp mode momentarily) then came back. ESP light will now not turn off, and the EML and IDS+ light now light up alternatley when on the move. Also i have P0100 ( MAFF problem?). All must have happened at the same time, no idea why. Have reset the code, and it keeps popping up. ****! Anyone any ideas? I'm praying its a fuse.....
    sigpic

Oh sorry to hear that, hopefully someone else can help ya fella.

Comment

check ya sensors on the strutts mate might have gotten some water in them
      www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
      www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
        check ya sensors on the strutts mate might have gotten some water in them
        Where will they be mate? Strut tops?
        sigpic

Comment

Righto, had a little play this morning, disconnected the battery for 30mins. This didn't solve it, so checked all the fuses. Everything fine. When i start the car, it starts and then dies repeatedly. (I tried starting it with the AFM disconnected, and it started first time). With everything connected as normal, the only way i can start it, is giving it some revs as i start it. It is then fine, but i get the ESP and IDS+ light up when i go above 10mph Could the two be linked? I'm coming to the conclusion that the AFM is goosed. Could this be the reason for the lights coming on along with the EML light? The main thing is, is it ok to drive it in the mean time?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wire Tim View Post
            Where will they be mate? Strut tops?

the main ones are half way down the front strutts mate u cant miss them there grey with 3 wires going into them just watch when u take them apart as the clips can break easy the ones on the back are near the rear axle i fink cant remember lol sounds like one off ur sensors is ****** mate i had this problem once i changes the loom at the strut it was ok but now my ecumotherboard is minced which is costing nearly 2k
            Last edited by scoobieeccosse; 7 August 2010, 01:29 PM.
            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

sounds like th afm my corsa did this when mine went....

Comment

As stated above this sounds lime your AFM, it would bring up all the lights you have stated due to them all being controlled VIA the same ecu, plus there all linked,

the sensor kenny is trying to get you to look at is the IDS sensors on your suspension arms themselves, there grey in colour, 3 wires going into them and are a twist lock mechanism, even if these are separated a little will bring up these lights, and its not uncommon for water ingress
                sigpic

Comment

Here a pic of the sensors your. looking for

sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the help fellas. I think it is the AFM, because it just won't start properly, at all. When i disconnect the cable from the AFM, it turns over fine, first time, but the lights are obviously still on. Will i be ok to drive for a couple of days with the AFM knackered, or is it a "keep it on the drive" until then job?
                    sigpic

Comment

the afm wouldnt bring up ids+2 and t/c light it would throw up the eml light
                      www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Actually it would kenny
                        sigpic

Comment

New afm fitted today, all lights now out, normal service resumed! Phew! Who'd have thought such an issue would have thrown all those lights up!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X