X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine noise

hi am new on here, just want to say hin to everyone
    Last edited by asbo; 4 November 2010, 04:10 PM.

Welcome to VXRonline mate, I don't have a clue about Zaffy's. Enjoy the forum pal . Wait till later on and then more people will be on.

Comment

hi mate
      same thing happen to my astra mk4 gsi long and short of it i needed a whole new engine !!!!! in the garge for 6 weeks after it came out i sold it back to the garge coz they knew i had problems with it from day 1

Comment

BUMP. PLEASE HELP

Does anyone remember this thread at all of asbo's?

After a bit of digging I am 99.9999 certain I am buying 'asbo's' car tomorrow morning and am worried that there is something wrong with the car (despite an AA Inspection).

The seller has told me he is not a member on here and that the VXRonline stickers in his Zaffy were there when he got it 18 months ago (even though the one previous woman owner only had the car a cpl of months ). There can't be TWO arden Zaffy VXR's in Weston, Southampton with Vectra 19" snowflakes on it.

This thread was in August and it looks like any posts here relating to the 'engine noise' of the thread name have been deleted just last week before the car was advertised. (The seller HAS told me he had a turbo pipe replaced if that could be related at all, but then why delete all reference to it and try and make the thread look like he was saying hello!? )

Any help appreciated as I will be handing over £11,400 tomorrow morning (and was about to go to bed now )

Or does anyone recognise this car....

Thanks
        VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

it looks like hes painted his rocker cover blue so when you go tomorro have a look under the bonnet

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=104793

corsa arctic edition #257
          now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Yeah was going to look at that thanks.

Though that would explain for deff that it's the same car (it must be) it doesn't explain why posts about engine problems have been deleted. So am hoping someone might remember something.
            VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

he also talks about fitting his own parking sensors

sorry i cant remember anything mate
              Last edited by deans arctic; 11 November 2010, 12:12 AM.

now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Got a pic with the rear sensors on too, though like he said they look factory anyway I think. Unless anyone can tell different.

Comment

Originally posted by asbo View Post
                  hi am new on here, just want to say hin to everyone
                  why remove original post ???? before knowing what was wrong i`de stay clear

Originally posted by gsijay View Post
                  hi mate
                  same thing happen to my astra mk4 gsi long and short of it i needed a whole new engine !!!!! in the garge for 6 weeks after it came out i sold it back to the garge coz they knew i had problems with it from day 1
                  what ever it is/was it doesn`t sound good going by the above comment

Comment

Well as it's a 3-month old thread, presumably it's all been sorted. Just that it's been edited last week right before/as the car was first advertised - (he hadn't posted anything since the day of that thread until this editing/deleting of posts happened last week).

I've had a full AA inspection done on it which, in the main, is ok. A few things came up but nothing engine-wise - though he does say there's nothing wrong with one inner tyre tread, brake pads are 50% not 80% worn and there's nothing wrong with the exhaust whcih the Inspection brought up.
                    Said I can see for myself when I go and look and can walk away if there is anything wrong. Plus as I mentioned earlier, he DID tell me that a turbo pipe was replaced a while ago. So could just be that, but why delete it!? - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=113803
                    Last edited by Die_hard; 11 November 2010, 12:22 AM.

Comment

A bit more digging. - His ad was on 1/11/10. I emailed him on 4/11/10 and mentioned in it that I am a member on here (as I saw the vxronline stickers). It was then on 4/11/10 afternoon that this thread got edited, after 2 months of not being online.

Comment

seems dodgy to me mate

now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
                          seems dodgy to me mate
                          +1, I would imagine the engine related issue has NOT been solved but still decided to sell on - well, who will be the lucky or unlucky new owner. I have not used AA inspection or the like myself, does it have any guarantee?

I do hope my comment above is wrong, however, something stinks here, OP - asbo, maybe it is a chance you come to defense yourself, that is if you still care.
                          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

all sounds very dodgy. walk away mate.

Comment

Originally posted by gsijay View Post
                              hi mate
                              Die_Hard, if you still want to go ahead with the sale, may worth try to pm gsijay, , however, if I was in your shoes, the hurt for a decent bus goes on, .
                              Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Working...
                              X