This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed emmision test, cobra cat

Hi, my car had an emmision test today and failed, the values were to high.

Im running precat replacement pipe, cobra sports catalyst, eo catback and EDS 315hp map.

I was told this cat would pass emmisiontest!!

Anyone experienced this aswell?

The engine was warm during the test.

Did not keep the STD cat?

Comment

Originally posted by Opc_Boy View Post
      Hi, my car had an emmision test today and failed, the values were to high.

Im running precat replacement pipe, cobra sports catalyst, eo catback and EDS 315hp map.

I was told this cat would pass emmisiontest!!

Anyone experienced this aswell?

The engine was warm during the test.
      You are not alone, matey. I experienced EXACTLY the same in January, the only solution is to put the oe SYSTEM back for the test and put the sh--y Cobra cat back on afterward. I have since asked for a replacement and I doubt it will pass the MOT either.

A word of advice, well, my regret as well - stay away from Cobra!

PS A fellow member had the same happened to his Astra too!
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Hi, i kept both the precat and maincat, so no major problem.
        But anoying, to have to change it for the emmision test.

Im thinking of getting a miltek catback system, maybe i should get the miltek cat also, would that pass an emmision test?

Also think the cobra makes a hissing noise on full throttle, dont know if its because it is a ceramic cat, think the miltek is a metallic cat..

Comment

I have milly catback with cobra sports on mine, wished I had the milly cat too, . Not sure about the hissing noise though.
          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

I have a Milly on mine and once warmed up it passed ok

Comment

How did you guys get around the immision light with the sports CAT?
              Does it stay on.

Comment

pop the pre cat back on... or use another car for the emissions test n show them the cats in the boot.. as they are still "on" the car and visible with no need for repair lol
                Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Working...
                X