This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby in the back?

Looking for a 7-seater but due to the missus possibly going into childminding in the next couple of years she'll have a load of kids to ferry about sometimes.

Is it ok to put baby's and/or toddlers in the back two seats of the Zaffy, or not?

Also, would you say 50k miles is a bit high to be buying an 08 reg Zaffy (1.9cdti) when you're going to keep the car for about 6 years (doing about 8k miles a year).

Cheers

Edit: While I'm at it, can we do SMD conversions on Zaffys? Though I should stop being lazy on this one and have a search lol.
    Last edited by Die_hard; 4 September 2010, 06:25 PM.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Hi Mate, my eldest son and my nephew were in the 2 rear seats yesterday without any issues.(they are both 4 years old).

Comment

have my three yr old in the rear seats,(in forward seat)not sure if the rear facing baby seats will fit. Also mine an 06 with 99000 on clock now, and doing about 8k a yr and still going strong.

And yes smd conversions have been done, zaffy almost identical to astra,
      Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

I have two boys myself, nearly 4 and just over 1 and there is no issue of putting them in the 2nd row. The missus sits in the front most of the time as the two car seats have to be put on the two outer position. On long journeys, the missus sits in the middle seat, ie between the two car seats to keep the two boys occupied, lol, tight but still okay, I think, for her, lol, .

50k for a 08 plate??????????? Not a problem if it has been serviced regularly, mate, . A FSH is a MUST.

As the other said, the zaffy makes perfect sense if you have kids, lol, especially the vxr, lol, have you considered the vxr? Tell you what, I actually went to see a cdti BUT I left the dealer with a VXR, lol, you just can't beat the fastest petrol 7-seater in the world, .
        Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Thanks guys
          VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Plenty of room in the back. I have four children from 2 - 15yrs, and all of them have been in the back. Actually the Mrs has been in the back a few times, and there's no problem. You just need to make sure the middle row is moved forward slightly to give more leg room in the back if you have taller people in there.
            sigpic

Comment

Centre row has Isofix mounts on the outer seats but the 3rd row is only able to use seats secured in by the seat belts.

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

An ISOFIX car seat is a must aswell. If you have a regular car seat that requires the seat belt to secure it, then you struggle to slide the centre row, as the seat belt needs to be released first. (meaning that you need to undo the car seat every time you need to slide the 2nd row) Using the ISOFIX points to secure the seat fixes this problem.
                sigpic

Comment

I was flicking through channels over the weekend and came across a programme doing some crash tests on a Zaffy (they weren't picking on it specifically bur using it as an example) .... think it was fifth gear but didn't hang around long enough to find out ...... anyway Zaffy was at a stop, rear ended by a van doing 40 odd, force of the impact sent the Zaffy rolling down the road but worst of all, the design of 7 seater buses meant that the rear two seat passengers would have smacked their heads on the front of the van given the minimal impact protection the top of the Zaffy.

Makes you wonder if you should put kids in the back at all .....

Comment

I've seen that too. Not good to watch, but, at the end of the day, the more metal between you and the other vehicle, the safer you will be.Because you are sitting so close to the rear of the car it's a calculated risk, but so is every time you get into your car.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi I have a zaffy vxr that I use for childminding it is great to get all the kids in but remember when they are in you are hard pushed getting anything else in the boot (I couldn't get a double buggy in). On the safety issue it depends on the shape and size of the car seats if they fit the seat they should be fine however I always put the eldest of the children in the back row so I could get to younger ones in emergency!!

Comment

Working...
                      X