• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg figs help advice

what doe you guys get to £20 fuel?
    just curious to how different it is to the merv

cheers guys
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

I put £20 in the other day mate to go to brid, i did 140ish mile untill the red light popped back up to where it origionally was, this was using t99 at 117.9p a litre. Different cars i no but same engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
      I put £20 in the other day mate to go to brid, i did 140ish mile untill the red light popped back up to where it origionally was, this was using t99 at 117.9p a litre. Different cars i no but same engine.
      zaffs use the 2.0 turbo same as astra mate...

ur corsa same engine as mine... i wish i got 140 to £20 lol... most i seen is 95 lol

Comment

Dont you have a corsa? I think Kirky is after consumption for the 2.0T Zafira.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
          zaffs use the 2.0 turbo same as astra mate...

ur corsa same engine as mine... i wish i got 140 to £20 lol... most i seen is 95 lol
          Soz mate my mistake, i thought i was in the corsa section lol. I didnt realise you were on about the zaf lol. 90 miles is bad mate for 20 quid. I ment my car has the same engine as yours.

Comment

Soz mate my mistake, i thought i was in the corsa section lol. I didnt realise you were on about the zaf lol. 90 miles is bad mate for 20 quid. I ment my car has the same engine as yours.
            asked a few merv guys and they all getting same as me must be size and shape

Comment

I put £15 of super unleaded in on Friday and the trip computer said that I get 120 miles from when I filled it up.

althought this will last 3 weeks.

Getting 260 miles to a tank of LPG, cost about £30 to fill a 50 litre tank.

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                what doe you guys get to £20 fuel?
                just curious to how different it is to the merv

cheers guys
                Well £ 20.00 is approx 3.725gallons if your fuel was £1.18 p/ltr ( £5.369 p/gal )

So you would be looking at least 112miles at 30mpg

140miles works out at 37.58 mpg, using the above fuel price & amount
                Last edited by R15VXR; 5 September 2010, 06:49 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

i get about the same in ma bus depending on how i drive i have though seen her do 180 miles out off 20 quid thought
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

ive got same as you kirky as u know and i get about 100 to 20 quid but that is total town driving around about 4 square miles of central manchester,on a run its doing about 36 ish iirc maybe more
                    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                      i get about the same in ma bus depending on how i drive i have though seen her do 180 miles out off 20 quid thought
                      Thats very good !!!

48.32mpg
                      sigpic

Comment

yea she does better since i had the exhaust done and precat and plugs these cars can be amazing if u drive them right lol
                        www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Thats diesel territory that
                          sigpic

Comment

for its size the bus can be very good on fuel but when u nail her she drinks it lol we get to erith in kent from edinburgh on just over a full tank
                            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                              for its size the bus can be very good on fuel but when u nail her she drinks it lol we get to erith in kent from edinburgh on just over a full tank

Just over...been the keyword, as you would have to be driving like Ms Daisy to do that ie. constant 2,000/2,500rpm all the way

I know at those revolutions it is possible to get over 40mpg in a mapped Astra with a totally clear path, however at those speeds everything passes you including caravans, well thats my experience anyway
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X