This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zaffy clutch/gearbox probs!!!!!!!!!!

only a week after paying vauxhalls £102 to fix ongoing alarm problem,i now have taken it back to them after being recovered by the AA on sunday.reckons could be flywheel or something.only bought car 8 weeks ago and have done 1300 miles in it. only done 24k on an 08 plate.anyone else had any clutch issues?????

yep and yep .. had the dual mass fly wheel changed under warranty as some of them had an issue !! .. then on 40k my gearbox went walkies !!
    sigpic
    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

On about 36K on my 08 plate, not looking forward to some of the possible issues you can get around the 40K point!!
      Arden Blue Zaffy VXR/Standard: Sight & Light/19"/Keyless-entry, Extra added: Stage3 Re-map 285bph/up-rated actuator/Courtney-Sport Pre-Cat/Full Fredrich-Motorsport 3" 200 cell Sports-Cat Exaust/CourtneySport Intercooler/Percys 1.9 Air-Box Replacement/KW Lower 15mm springs/Brake Cooler's/76mm Highflow Top-hat inlet Powerpipe/Bailys DV26/Iridium Sparks/K&N Air-Filter/Pillar-Mounted-Boost-Gauge/insignia Washer Jets/Self-Sprayed-Parts

Comment

i paid extra for an extended warranty when i bought the car.vauxhalls said if wotever the fault with the clutch isnt covered i will be liable for the removal and refitting of the gearbox............ £459. are they having a laugh.and not entitled to a courtesey car until they find out wots wrong with it

Comment

did u buy the car from vauxhall or privately ??
          sigpic
          the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

got it from a garage im maidstone.beginning to think i should have bought another scooby lol

Comment

cant u go back there and kick off a bit !!

and the extended warranty .. where did that come from ??
              sigpic

Comment

already rang the garage fatboy.their positive that the autoprotect warranty will cover it.gonna keep fingers crossed.if not then the garage gonna get a visit lol.i'll get some pics posted up when i eventually get it back.needed a good clean before i took it to vauxhalls

Comment

today got a phone call from vauxhalls to say the clutch has worn and caused flywheel to overheat and that its not covered on the warranty even tho its only done 24k....WTF.more like vauxhall are robbing ******** and obviously the clutches and gearboxes in the zafira vxr's aint man enough to last.quoted me £1160 for clutch and flywheel plus the £459 for refitting the gearbox.I WILL NOT BE BUYING A VAUXHALL EVER AGAIN

Comment

i feel ur pain mate .. when my gearbox popped .. it came in at nearly 2 bags of sand !! .. id be kicking off now at the garage where u bought it !! .. i swear there was a recall many moons ago for the fly wheel !!
                    sigpic

Comment

i did kick off big style .The garage i bought it from gonna sort something with the warranty firm.been looking for some info on the flywheel probs now u mention it cos i noticed a lot of zaffy vxr's been having the same prob's.some even at 11k.there's no way thats wear and tear.u got any info on that recall or know anyone that would know pls fatboy

Comment

post up a thread mate in the general section and ask if there ever was one .. im 95% sure there was cos i had mine replaced when there was 17k on the clock !!
                        sigpic

Comment

cheers for that mate.gonna whack a post up now and hopefully someone got some good info cos i feel like vauxhalls got me bent right over at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by wrx turned vxr View Post
                            cheers for that mate.gonna whack a post up now and hopefully someone got some good info cos i feel like vauxhalls got me bent right over at the moment
                            Go for it buddy

Comment

they've all had our pants down at some stage !! after this one .. i wont be getting another vauxhall either !!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X