X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Sensor Brain-Picking...

Hi Guys!

I've recently been looking into the idea of fitting parking sensors to my Zaf (I can't ever see the bonnet of the car behind me and thankfully end up leaving 2m gap thinking I'm about to hit something!) and I'm interested to know what peoples opinions are and I have a few questions on the stuff I've found out so far.

Firstly, I've heard mention of a VX kit available, now my local dealer only fits a steelmate one for a ludicrous price. So what does a factory installed one do differently to the steelmate one? I.e. Does it display anything on my centre screen or is it an easier install?
    How much is this kit and does anyone have a part number? I'm reluctant to ask my dealer as they don't seem helpful... Quoted me £350 to install front disks!!!??!!! Don't remember reading anything about them being made out of gold or anything...

Secondly, can anyone recommend a decent aftermarket set as I don't fancy some of the cheap-nasty looking sets floating around on ebay! Obviously I want a set that will match my Arden Zaf.

And finally is it true that if I remove the rear bumper I will have marks indicating where to put the sensors?

As ever, thanks very much for you're help in advance guys!

Nick

A guy around here (North West) will fit the Steelmate ones for about £130-£150. Have them myself but I think the VX ones sit more flush than these tbh.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

I have aftermarket parking sensor fitted. Think it was 350 notes front and back and it was 2 1/2 years ago.

Works well, well, you do get the odd "constantly on" when there is heavy rain.

However, if I would do this again, I may look into the the one fit into the number plate surroundings OR a reverse camera, .

If you need more info about the one that I have, I will see whether I can find a link, .
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Yeah I'd go the reversing camera route with hindsight. Though I do have front sensors because I park like a girl so I'd have to have a front camera too
        VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

Originally posted by Die_hard View Post
          Yeah I'd go the reversing camera route with hindsight. Though I do have front sensors because I park like a girl so I'd have to have a front camera too
          I dont normally use my front sensors, lol. However, my logic is, being colour-coded (the bumper), just a small bump would cost me more than the cost of the front parking sensors, if you know what I mean, .

BTW, I dont just park like a girl, I also drive like one ....... when my boys are in the bus, .
          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Ok, I have the CD70 nav system... Could I get a rear camera to work with that? What would I need and how would I install it?

I'd love to go up to the VXMMi system but TBH the speakers are only passable for quality and they would be the first things to go. And sadly I could'nt justify £800-900 to the Mrs. when we've got two 10-month boys to look after (you know what women are like ) thats also the reason the my Zaf is still standard.

Nick
            Last edited by DaddyCool 2k10; 15 June 2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

The cids can be upgraded to add an imput ie camera

Comment

Interesting... Do you know how I'd go about setting one up?

Comment

Working...
                X