This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being robbed off by the stealer?

I had the exhaust manifold and turbo replaced under warranty last October, today I noticed it's blowing again, but the car warranty expired in february. So I took it to the stealer and they said that because it was replaced under the warranty the new manifold was only covered by the remainder of the warranty, so even though the parts they fitted are only 9 months old they won't replace them!

Aaaaaarrrghh!!

Am I being fobbed off? I'm sure new parts, whether they are replaced under warranty or not, should have at least 12 months guarantee?

I too was told the same about my CV joint, had it repalced under warrenty then 8 months later has a been leaking grease - don't want to know as now not under warrenty.

Replaced myself as would of failed MOT.

Comment

thats like buying a part once the warranty has expired and getting the dealer to fit it and then for them to say if it goes wrong .. sorry its not covered as the car is not in warranty !! .. its the part that has the warranty surely ??
      sigpic
      www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
      the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

it's true i am afraid.if we fit a part at work to a customers appliance and the warrenty runs out 2 days later then you have 2 days warrenty.

Comment

to be honest .. why does it not suprise me !!
          sigpic
          the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes View Post
            it's true i am afraid.if we fit a part at work to a customers appliance and the warrenty runs out 2 days later then you have 2 days warrenty.
            Iirc this only applies if vx paid 100% of the part, if the customer pays some of the cost it
            will have a 12 month warranty
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, gutted, I hope I don't have to replace the turbo too, on the plus side it might be a good time for some upgrades

Comment

nope that bollox the warranty is 1yr on parts even replaced after warranty get them told or get on to rosie saulter at vxl luton
                www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

yup this is true i paid 10% to my abs hydraulic and ecu motherboard so its covered for 3YRS lol
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                    nope that bollox the warranty is 1yr on parts even replaced after warranty get them told or get on to rosie saulter at vxl luton
                    Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                    yup this is true i paid 10% to my abs hydraulic and ecu motherboard so its covered for 3YRS lol
                    make ur mind up ??
                    sigpic

Comment

1 yr when in warranty on certain parts i mean lol 3 yrs on high breakable parts so she says anyway
                      www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

No that's right yes.

Burts correct. I posted earlier the reasons why but for some reason it didn't send from my phone.
                        Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

Comment

If its cracked so soon after being fitted it might be down to poor fitment. Some tech just tightening the studs right up rather then just nipping them. Mine were up to 50NM and manifold lasted about 9 months. Supposed to be 8NM

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

The latest is - I phoned vx customer service and they were quite helpful, opened a file, gave me a reference number etc etc., and told me to take it back to the stealer for assessment. I phoned the stealer and spoke to someone different who assured me the parts were covered by their own manufacturers 12 month guarantee, so I took it them and, what a surprise, they had changed their minds and the parts were not covered. Anyway, the manifold is blowing and the turbo may be knackered too so it's with them for a more detailed assessment tomorrow and their assurances that they will push vx to coff up. Fingers crossed.

Comment

good news mate fingers crossed for ya mucker
                              www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X