This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zafira GXR Lpg

Hi, Considering buying one atm what with the stupid price of fuel these days, anyone got any experience of owning one converted to lpg?

what is this gxr you speak of .. it this a new limited edition ?? .. welcome to the forum !!
    sigpic
    www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
    the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
      what is this gxr you speak of .. It this a new limited edition ?? .. Welcome to the forum !!
      lol

Comment

Sorry the keys g & v are next to each other! reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer got really fat working from home, "I'm sorry the fingers you are dialling with are too fat!"

I did of course mean a "V"XR!

Anyone ever had a lpg converted one? Or shall I stop being a tight wad and just plunge for a petrol one?

Thanks for the welcome btw!

Comment

plunge for the petrol one dude ... there was one fella on here who converted his to gas aswell .. but i think he had to have the exhaust re routed in order to get the extra tank in !!
          sigpic
          the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Thx, would that be this thread? http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...uot-Beast-Back

Comment

that would be the bad boy .. although i bet lpg costs more than that now !! .. as probably does everything else !!
              sigpic

Comment

just bite the bullet and go for the straight petrol u wont be disappointed, at the end of the day its not about how much the fuel costs its about how heavy your right foot is!!!

Comment

Cheers guys, that is half the problem my right foot does not have any lightweighted'ness to it, much like my fat fingers! lol

Comment

Mines on LPG not had any problems with it.

Apart for the £450 tax a year its cheaper to run getting 250-270 miles to a 50l tank - costs about £33-35 to fill up.

Comment

£450 crap that's a lot of tax!

I've heard if you return your V5 form with a copy of the invoice from the Conversion company they amend it to dual fuel and send it back.

I believe you then get a replacement tax disc showing dual fuel and a refund.

Comment

guessing ur wanting a newer one ?? .. otherwise .. the older ones (pre march 2006) is £260 for the year !!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah but not brand new. It's good to hear there are a few people with lpg conversions. I only wish it still cost 44p a litre like in the other link!

Comment

Originally posted by chriswright View Post
                            £450 crap that's a lot of tax!

I've heard if you return your V5 form with a copy of the invoice from the Conversion company they amend it to dual fuel and send it back.

I believe you then get a replacement tax disc showing dual fuel and a refund.
                            Yes this has to be done by law and I think I'm saving £10 -£15 compared to non dual fuel car not really much.

Comment

Working...
                            X