This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking fault ???

I have had lots of vauxhall models and most of them had the option of letting you use the key in the drivers door to manually central lock all the doors and if the key is held in the lock position (anti-clockwise) for 2 seconds would also wind up any windows that were down.
    To my suprise I got out of my Zaf VXR the other day and went to lock it as usual with the remote button but noticed that one of my kids had left the rear window slightly down, rather than getting back in and putting ignition on to wind window up I thought I would do it the way I did with my old models (Astra gsi turbo, Zafira gsi etc...) and use the key in the door. To my suprise not only did it not wind up any windows it also failed to lock/unlock any of the other doors. The key will only lock/unlock the drivers door !!!
    I took the car to my local dealers (lookers) and asked them about it and the woman booking the car in said it sounds like a fault so we booked the car in for today(monday)
    After about an hour of me hanging around waiting for the car the a person from the workshop told me that this model does not have the option to lock all the doors from inserting the key in the drivers door and nor do a few of the newer model vauxhalls. This is a first for me !!!

I need other owners to check their models and let me know if they are the same or is it just mine ????

On the Vectra if you want the windows up after locking you have to hold the key fob in the close position and all the windows will come up. Also if you want to lower the windows you can do this by un-locking and continuing to hold the unlock down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
      On the Vectra if you want the windows up after locking you have to hold the key fob in the close position and all the windows will come up. Also if you want to lower the windows you can do this by un-locking and continuing to hold the unlock down.
      Only just realised mine does that too (why didn't I read that owners handbook!!)

Comment

central locking fault

hi just been out to my vxr zafira and mine will only lock drivers door on the key. so it looks like it aint a fault. hope this helps

Comment

Hi there,
          I have the Zafira VXR!!! all doors lock with one press of the key fob and on pressing it again the 'dead lock' is activated. If I press down on the fob for approx 3 seconds on the lock button, any window open closes and visa versa on unlock!
          Note if you have fitted after market parking sensors with a remote visual display in the front cotpit (ie cordless display) this hinders the alarm system in the car and will not allow you to lock the doors. I had this problem and had to buy a parking system without the remote display in the cotpit. Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

Hi again, Well i've tried to lock the car with only the door key. Only the drivers door locks on mine aswel. I've even tried using the door lock button from the inside on the dash and yet when I open the drivers door from the inside they all open, strange!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wheels

hi any one know where i can get a nice set of 19 inch wheels & tyres

Comment

yea ma vxr zaffy does it too hold the lock or unlock and windows go up or down cool eh and i;ll be selling a set off 19" wheels wi tyres ina wee while
                www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

all of the last 4 vxl's i've had have all been the same, the door lock in the drivers door will only open the drivers door and thats it. the buttond do all the doors and open or close the windows, but on my Astra CDTi the windows did not work on the key fob.

Comment

Though it was a quirk for keyless. There's something in the manwell about how to unlock and lock all the doors if the keyless fob fails. Kind of sounds just like your describing

Comment

Working...
                    X