This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtenay stage 1 map fitted today

Went to courtenays today and had a stage 1 remap done on the zaf, first john put on the rollers to see wot it was making before the map it made 256.3bhp and 259.4lbft dyno cell ambient temp was 6 degrees.
    Then john down loaded the map and did some dyno testing and came out with an end result of 276.8bhp and 279.6lbft.
    Wot can i say im well chuffed the drive home was awsome, the drive ability is so much better incorporating the sports button
    Would just like to thank john and the guys at courtenays yet again for doing another top job and customer satisfaction is second to none would definately recommend them

SPEC
    Courtenay panel filter
    Courtenay front pipe
    Cool runing thermostat
    Decat pipe (made by myself)

yes it is running a decat pipe and running fine even though it has been said on anouther post this is not possible without having a custom map

Nice one.

Question i saw that alex_c made almost the same power but higher torque on a std map but with a sports cat. your mapped car looks like it now has the same torque as his wouls this be down to the car or are the maps different for Zafira and Astra.

have you got any running problems now with the map and no cat as TMS said it cant be done.

Comment

nope have no running probs running fine it can be done i have proved this

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_240

have you got any running problems now with the map and no cat as TMS said it cant be done.
        TMS didnt state it cant be done what they did say was it may be possibly but would require the ECU to be mapped and the sensor written out of the program but they havent yet done it for a customer so they wasnt sure of the longterm outcome and that was in relation to an astra VXR and a milltek!

nice results.

Comment

but it dosent need to written out of the ecu mine hasnt been and on my previous astra as well,if he hasnt done 1 yet why comment about it if he hasnt got proof to back it up :?

Comment

it was a question asked regarding the milltek and how susceptible the astra's ecu can be to sesnor faults but he never made an argument about it so i cant see what your issue is unless your looking at stirring up an argument which i hope is not the case!

you have proven it can be done so good on ya, we wait for your long term report .

Comment

Has anyone got a full de cat exhaust system no there vxr ?

not meaning to stirr up an argument but this was the question asked originally nothing mentioned about a miltek, anyway we will waiting for another year for the exhaust at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by darren
                anyway we will waiting for another year for the exhaust at this rate
                well thats something you might wont to take up with milltek who manufacture the exhaust and i dont know of any astra VXR owner yet who is currently running a full decat system but i know of one who is running a full decate on their 888 cdti but then thats a different system

Comment

i was told the system has already been made

Comment

that could be true but then it comes down to how many milltek have made for retail at present or if they have be signed off meeting the required standards to be badged VXR, keep in mind there is a few people involved with the decision.

Comment

Got fed up so i spoke to miltek this afternoon to get an answer and they said the exhaust has been made got the part numbers and it will be released at the autosport mtorshow in january maybe you can confirm this tms .

Comment

We tested decats on Astra VXR's and they all threw up error codes eventually, they can be written out but seeing as you'll now fail any emissions road side test its not something we can endorse unless its on a race car. We didn't try the Zafira as although it has the same engione it has a deifferent ECU so it maybe that its possible (I'd still be surprised though).

We're releasing all the details on the VXR Zafira and Vecra at Autosport and these will all be available on line for purchase or through the dealership network. Both Vectra and Zafira systems are now in build, we expect stock in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                          We tested decats on Astra VXR's and they all threw up error codes eventually, they can be written out but seeing as you'll now fail any emissions road side test its not something we can endorse unless its on a race car.

So if this the case the TMS why do you sell the Vectra VXR one with no cat we have been here before and all you do is PR bull shyt us just give us a clean honest answer.

Or just admit your not as good as the others on the block

Comment

The Astra VXR as n O2 sensor before and after the main cat, ie the sensor takes a reading on exhaust gases *after* the cat which the ECU uses when looking at fueling etc etc. So, if you remove that cat and don't replace it with a race cat the second O2 sensor will take high readings from the exhaust gases and fire up a warning light. THis can be got round with extra mapping but its a pita and not recommended (note, this does NOT mean that its impossible).

The Vectra VXR does *not* have an O2 sensor after the main cat (although it does have one after the front cat - a bit like the Astra precat but larger) so we can get rid of it completely and not cause any ECU issues.

Comment

thorney i think you need to check your previous post because the zafira and the astra ecu are the same according to epc yet again you are wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X