X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zafirra remap

what you guys running...

what are the main differences in drive ability etc.

is it worth £550.00....

any input would be appreciated.

pm Darren and ask him.

He has a CS map and is running a full De-Cat exhaust it sounds great and goes well too.

Comment

pm sent mate :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by darren
        pm sent mate :wink:
        Is this the stage 1 map that takes them up to about 280bhp?

Comment

Yes !!

I have managed to drive my work mates astra vxr with stage 1 remap.

There is quite a good bit of difference, gone is the retarded feel of 4th when changing from 6th, it pulls very strongly when the turbo is spooling all the way the the top of the redline.

1st and 2nd seem more usable but second seemed to stall sometimes and seem to be retarded.....

It seems like a good upgrade for the astra but i am not sure for the zafira as its quite a bit bigger and as i call it a transit van with windows....

I may wait until the warranty is up and then get it done....

at the moment it seems quite good overall, maybe i am getting used to it.

I think i will wait and see if he has to make a claim on the warranty and see how he gets on.

Comment

my zaf made 276bhp and 279 torque with stage 1 at courtenays
            spec
            courtenay front pipe
            courtenay panel filter
            cool stat
            decat pipe
            well worth doin im now saving for stage 3

Comment

Daren,

Does it ever stall, i.e not spool quite right in second when asked to do so say from 3rd and change down then floor it, its not lag it seems more like its been retarded by the ECU...

Mine does it sometimes from 5th to 4th, it does however seem better with the sport button off....

Comment

mine was abit like that but not any more found its alot better since fitting the front pipe and remap where abouts do you live could always take you out in mine and compare them both

Comment

Originally posted by darren
                  mine was abit like that but not any more found its alot better since fitting the front pipe and remap where abouts do you live could always take you out in mine and compare them both
                  cool i'll be over sunday then and i'll compare it to my corsa :wink:
                  for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

no probs see you then

Comment

I live near bristol so its quite far away...

I think it may have something to do with the coil pack or something as last night when I was accellerating hard the car started to miss badley, the engine management light came on I reset the car and after 2 mins it was ok again.

It will have to get a dealer to take a look to see if they can get any error codes from it as I hope it now logs them.....

hopefully what ever is causing it will be found and all should be well.

its only done 8k....

typical.

Comment

Well if your both going to Brands then that would be a good place as its distance traveld by both.

Timmee you saying you've not had a go yet thats not like you.
                        PS how's the Corsa coming on.

Comment

You'll certainly notice the diference from tuning:

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                            You'll certainly notice the diference from tuning:

So does a stage 1 only get about 260bhp in reality? I'm used to the VAG 1.8T where stage one gets about an extra 65 horses!

Comment

Is there such a thing as a warranty friendly remap?

Comment

Working...
                              X