This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Zafira VXR!

Apologies for the duplicate post but I added a poll for colour last time and it ended up in a different forum!......

Looks like our beloved MK4 Golf GTI is going to have to make way for a more family friendly car, on the list is the Zafira VXR, yet to test drive one but hopefully will have one for the day on Saturday from Approach in Andover.

They have already offered 13% discount off list on a new one, is this about the going rate or should I push for more!

What extras should I add? Currently looking to put the following on:

19" Wheels ? Anyone have pics of both styles?

Xenon Lights
    Sight & Light Pack
    Flex Organiser
    Electronic Clime Control
    Cruise Control
    Front & Rear Parking Sensors
    Rear Seat Twin Audio System
    Electric Folding Mirrors

Not sure whether we should go for the Alloy Roof Bars or not, colour is yet to be decided but will be either Blue or Black.

Is there anything I should know about buying a VXR?!

i reson that is a good set up there mate go for it.

Comment

Re: Looking for a Zafira VXR!

Originally posted by WiltshireVXR
      Apologies for the duplicate post but I added a poll for colour last time and it ended up in a different forum!......

Looks like our beloved MK4 Golf GTI is going to have to make way for a more family friendly car, on the list is the Zafira VXR, yet to test drive one but hopefully will have one for the day on Saturday from Approach in Andover.

They have already offered 13% discount off list on a new one, is this about the going rate or should I push for more!

What extras should I add? Currently looking to put the following on:

19" Wheels ? Anyone have pics of both styles?

Xenon Lights
      Sight & Light Pack
      Flex Organiser
      Electronic Clime Control
      Cruise Control
      Front & Rear Parking Sensors
      Rear Seat Twin Audio System
      Electric Folding Mirrors

Not sure whether we should go for the Alloy Roof Bars or not, colour is yet to be decided but will be either Blue or Black.

Is there anything I should know about buying a VXR?!
      Welcome to the site mate! - hope you enjoy. with regards to your questions, these are all the same that i had to ponder several months back! eventually i went for Parking sensors, cruise & climate.
      seems a good spec, definatley go with the parking sensors-very useful especially the front ones, can be quite difficult to judge as they have a steep bonnet. Not sure about the 19" wheels, prefer the design of the 18" myself, test drove demos with both & reckon the 18's ride better especially if you have family to consider.

The colour is a real poser, eventually I went for Black because I prefer the old stealth approach myself, I really love Arden Blue & think that they look great, but not for me i'm afraid (each to their own & all that)

I decided to go without the roof bars & ended buying the ones that pop into the track- have still to use them at this stage mind you!

personally I reckon you have been offered a good deal, not sure what the going rate is, but I got 10% off everything including extras & free metallic paint (never did understand that-paying for metallic) 4 months ago

anyway, good luck! the only thing that you should know about buying a VXR is that you will enjoy, especially wasteing the new Golf GTI :wink:

Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Flinty!

Having looked further I too think I prefer the design of the 18's so think I'm gonna stick with them.

Roof bars are more likely to be for looks rather than use but I'm yet to find a pick with one with them on!

I'm really torn on colour as the Golf we have is black and I know what it is like for keeping clean although when it is clean it looks **** hot! My wife has always wanted a blue car so that may sway it unless we can see a black one in the flesh, all the demos around seem to be in blue

Comment

you have pms

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
            you have pms
            Thanks!

Comment

Having run a a6 2.7t quattro with 235/35/19 the same size as the vxr's they are expensive....

twice the price of the 18's you can get 18's for £90.00 all in.

the pirelli's pzero rosso where £180.00 each, unless you can get them from kwik fit on there buy 2 get 15% off...

I would stick with the 18's they are fine on my zaf, and you can get 2 for the price of one, they are also like rubber bands so you feel every pot hole etc, The 18's arn't much better but they are a little better.

Comment

Sounds good advice, thanks

Comment

as for the original spec, the folding mirrors are not a must as they are higher then normal cars anyway so they do not get clouted or caught in the car park, unless someone has a tranny van.

The Climate is not too big a deal, but its easier to set the heater controls , without it i.e half way between screen and front vents etc.

My bro has the Sri Diesel with climate and even he agrees that climate has its bad points on the Zaf.

I don't think xennon lights are a great benefit, my last 2 cars had them, to be honest the standard lights are just about the same apart from the colour i.e less blue...

Parking sensors would come in handy although you cannot trust them...
                  use them as a guide rarther then a rule

Flex organiser good idea, stop things rolling around the boot.

Cruise, only if you are doing long journeys, had it on my last 2 cars hardly used it, too much traffic or short none motorway journeys.

Twin Audio ????? that upto you, you can however get the little midgets a twin screen DVD on the back of the headrests instead.

save some of the cash and get it remapped, more fun I guess.

Auto wipers would be a good option.....

I cannot believe that vauxhall do not fit climate, cruise and auto wipers to the top of the range model, the design gets most of that as standard.

shop around, jamjar have then for £18750.

I got a 7 month old one for £16k with 6k on the clock.

saving £6.5k on list.

The new car thing soon wears off.

saving £6.5k on list.

Comment

Thnaks for the feedback itolson

The xenons are a must for us, we have had them on the last 2 cars and prefer the lighting they provide.

Will ask more about twin audio! I need to know what it does and what people do when installing DVD's properly,(don't want them strapped to the back of headrests)

Comment

Working...
                    X