This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD on Colour Screen working...

Finally managed to get it all working and am now able to display DVD / PC / TV onto the vauxhall colour screen. Spent most of Sat and Sun wiring it all together and putting the car interior back together.

If anyones wants to undertake this, I can post further details on how to do it, prices and contact details of the very clever and helpful guy in Germany who built the interface unit that fits in the colour screen.

Marc

Well done bro

Can you post all the bits required and prices as i guess loads of ppl will want to do it.

thanks.

Comment

If someone can provide guidance on how to post .pdf files, I'll be more than pleased to add the details.

Marc

Comment

Boo Hooooo
        I want one!!
        Trouble is not got the right CD spec
        Nice job though well done
        sigpic
        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
        Click Here to.................
        See My Wheels
        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Mu understanding is that the vauxhall CD type won't matter as you can change tp a colour screen for either the CD30 or CDC40.

I purchased a screen from ebay.de, purchased the larger screen cowl to fit, swapped out the standard monochrome (orange) screen, and had the local dealer do the necessary tech2 work.

Piece of cake - except pulling the interior apart!!!

Marc

Comment

The colour display looks so much better! Great job.

Comment

Instructions and prices can be found via the following link I found on the web.

Instructions:
              http://www.heiligenbrunner.com/image....0_english.pdf

Prices:
              http://www.heiligenbrunner.com/image....2_english.pdf

And this was the original video that sent me on a trail to find out more and finally install the unit:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcxfIC81zaI

Please feel free to send a PM for contact details of the chap in Germany if your interested in ordering a unit.

Marc

Comment

Have you got installed the board of hardwarekiller?

Wanted to do that first, but now we will get DVB-T and TV in the sunshades. Think the sound will not be good because of the missing cinch output. How was your sound quality by running it with an extra DVD-Player?

Comment

No I didn't use the board from hardwarekiller - though I did look at this as an option.

I opted for the C-Chef OES interface as this came built, was extremely well constructed, received great communication and support from Peter, the device creator, on all my initial enquiries, and in my opinion extremely good value considering the gained functionality.

I ran the sound through a wired FM modulator from Dension, the Ice-Link FM Modulator that is primarily aimed for iPods but has an external audio interface option which I used to feed the DVD audio into the car audio which then enable the kids in the back to also use the twin audio system if they wanted or if we wanted complete silence and listen to the CD or Radio in the front.

Sound quality is remarkably better now since installing an in-line power filter on the power circuits for the DVD player and the FM Modulator. Was pretty good before installing the filter but is remarkably sharper now.

Next step is to add a Apple mini mac to play and display MP3, DVD, Video and Photos via Front Row with Digital TV components! Watch this space!

Trust this helps.

Marc

Comment

hi read all your tips i am after doing mine could you pass on contact details of who supplied you with the bits to convert the cid.........thx
                    sigpic
                    WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

looking good

Cool looking good

o no if I had this her indoors would b watching all the soaps:eek:

well worth the time spent doing
                      .Happy Days again

...............Herbie goes Vauxhall......................

Comment

can you tell me how easy it is to remove the top and silver section of the center console as i have a rattle that the garage cannot solve and i would like to try and find it myself.

thanks

Comment

PM VXRSIM as he had a rattle coming from the front dash area & I think he managed to resolve it; by doing it himseif, either that or do a search for it on here, hope this helps!

Comment

here you go: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ghlight=rattle

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                              thanks

I will have to give it a go at the weekend....

Comment

Working...
                              X