This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr zafira

hi guys new on here so be gentle lol just bought a vxr zafira and i pick it up on thurs its done 6000 miles is there anything i should no about these mpv's i no all bout the warm up and cool down as i also own a wrx sti hope this mpv is a s good as they say
    www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
    www.combatstress.org.uk

Ur Zaf will be quicker than your wrx?

Comment

normal warm up and cool down for any turbo engine i am afraid....

its then just a case of getting used to the transit van seating position....

The handling may seem a little different from your 4 wheel drive, i came from a M5 and before this a quattro A6 2.7t, once the van digs in it does handle very well indeed.

give it a week of pushing it a little harder around the round abouts etc.

If you get it remapped I believe it a completely different animal, ask the other guys on here.

You should be supprised with the performance for such a van like car.

it also funny looking at peoples reaction in their hot hatches when you keep up or pull in front of them as well....

I have had so many people flashing me with the attitude of "that should not be going that fast"...

To be honest its more fun then the M5, you can use the power without killing yourself on the bends, and your not worried about burning the clutch with a swift down change....

Hope you like it, give it a week or so to get used to it as you are coming from a out and out sports car.

let us know what you think when you have driven it....

Comment

ok no probs but theres no chance it will be quicker than my wrx sti as that is 310 bhp if it is then woohoo cant wait oh i got the 19" alloys on it and they look way better than the standard 18's i'll post some foto's on here when i get it???? is there any meets that people go to? :P
        www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by scoobieeccosse
          ok no probs but theres no chance it will be quicker than my wrx sti as that is 310 bhp if it is then woohoo cant wait oh i got the 19" alloys on it and they look way better than the standard 18's i'll post some foto's on here when i get it???? is there any meets that people go to? :P
          Can I ask how much you paid and the year?

Comment

one of the first 12006 on a 55 plate mate 6000 miles and we payed 17000 for it
            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

I take it its the wifes car if you have a scooby...

Comment

no no it's both ours lol i may let her drive it now and then she's to scared to drive it cos o the power pmsl
                www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

So why did you go for a van with windows over the scoob....

Comment

ive still got the scoob and i wanted something wi just as much kick as a family car we did trade in another zafira but just upgraded it nothing would make me get rid off ma scoob
                    www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

best of both worlds then, something for the weekend...

Comment

yip
                        www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

welcome to the forum mate! hope you enjoy the stay.
                          by the way 18's look much better, especially if you drop your van! -size isn't everything

Comment

lol well its personal choice mate lol cheers for the welcome bud where did u get the avatar pic mate :P
                            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

lol well its personal choice mate lol cheers for the welcome bud where did u get the avatar pic mate :P
                              go to "your profile" tab down to the bottom & select from the Avatar choices

regards, finty :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X