This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iridium plugs - advice needed

Got a service coming up, I have a 2.0T SRi 07 plate - which iridium plugs should I get ? I think there may be 2 versions which fit mine and where is the best place to get them from ?

Thanks

Andrew

try here www.courtenaysport.co.uk or ring them on 01692404313
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Cheaper at www.SPARKPLUGS.CO.UK 0844 8004258
      Under £30 delivered
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
        Cheaper at www.SPARKPLUGS.CO.UK 0844 8004258
        Under £30 delivered

Very true - NGK's been very good, however you would be best to save your money infavour of something you would gain more from IMO
        sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the best performing, longest life spark plugs for the price of half a tank of petrol aren't going to give him any sleepless nights as to whether or not he has made the right decision with which way his tuning mods are going
          sigpic

Comment

I'm sure the best performing, longest life spark plugs for the price of half a tank of petrol aren't going to give him any sleepless nights as to whether or not he has made the right decision with which way his tuning mods are going
            LOL

I was actually referring to say a better panel filter etc .....

But lets face the real facts here - he aint going to feel no difference in the performance of his car with the fitment of these and to replace perfectly good plugs that he may have already is just pure stupid IMO

Its a different story if his car is due a new set of plugs - if so, YES buy them cos from sparkplugs.co.uk - they are more or less the same price as std ones anyway and they will probably last twice as long !

But dont just go out and buy them for a VXR that has only 2,000 miles on say.......
            sigpic

Comment

Did you read what Andrew said...it's an 07 so possibly likely to have more than 2000 on the clock. Chill...he's going to buy some IX, it's ok
              sigpic

Comment

Did you read what Andrew said...it's an 07 so possibly likely to have more than 2000 on the clock. Chill...he's going to buy some IX, it's ok
                Yes - i did, but i was trying to repond in a generalised manner to help others at the sametime

With regards to a more personalised reponse to Andrew, i have already replied to him on his exact same thread on AON !
                sigpic

Comment

Do you get the impression he's just not listening to you then?
                  Just to clarify I have definitely felt a much crisper throttle reponse with the deeper nosed Z-IX. I've just put a set of the original BK's back in to confirm
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you get the impression he's just not listening to you then?
                    Just to clarify I have definitely felt a much crisper throttle reponse with the deeper nosed Z-IX. I've just put a set of the original BK's back in to confirm

Well seeing the BK's seemed to be used as a generic Iridium plug for the VXR range by some tuners, I would expect you to feel the difference

Just for educational purposes only - here are the plugs you should be using for your ASTRA VXR (Z20LEH) as according to NGK Technical Support Department;

ZFR5FIX-11
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                      Well seeing the BK's seemed to be used as a generic Iridium plug for the VXR range by some tuners, I would expect you to feel the difference

Just for educational purposes only - here are the plugs you should be using for your ASTRA VXR (Z20LEH) as according to NGK Technical Support Department;

ZFR5FIX-11
                      No incorrect. Any improvement is mostly down to the deeper penetration of the spark into the chamber with the revised design of plug. To describe one NGK spark plug as generic and another not is an interesting view - Different tuners even favour different heat settings of your so called 'generic' plug.
                      Just for your educational purposes they may well be specified by NGK technical in Maylands Avenue, Hemel for standard cars but for different stages of tune it may be better to use a different gap and different heat setting from that recommended for a standard car.
                      sigpic

Comment

No incorrect. Any improvement is mostly down to the deeper penetration of the spark into the chamber with the revised design of plug. To describe one NGK spark plug as generic and another not is an interesting view - Different tuners even favour different heat settings of your so called 'generic' plug.
                        Just for your educational purposes they may well be specified by NGK technical in Maylands Avenue, Hemel for standard cars but for different stages of tune it may be better to use a different gap and different heat setting from that recommended for a standard car.

R u trying to tell me that NGK dont know what they are taking about now ??

You cant just decide how far into the chamber you are going just like that !
                        Your comparison is like asking the mechanic at the local garage about Lewis Hamilton's F1 car

Heat settings - Yes, I will agree with you on that one with TUNED cars

But if you are going to start the inclusion of TUNED cars in general discussions - I think it would be appropiate to say so as not of all of us are tuned and this makes a difference !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                          R u trying to tell me that NGK dont know what they are taking about now ??

You cant just decide how far into the chamber you are going just like that !
                          Your comparison is like asking the mechanic at the local garage about Lewis Hamilton's F1 car

Heat settings - Yes, I will agree with you on that one with TUNED cars

But if you are going to start the inclusion of TUNED cars in general discussions - I think it would be appropiate to say so as not of all of us are tuned and this makes a difference !
                          I was part of the original customer evaluation of NGK IX running in Vauxhalls when they first were introduced into the UK market so I'm well aware of the guys expertise in NGK Hemel Thanks
                          I have a few different models of the NGK IXs for comparison and I am just telling you what the physical differences between the old/new plug types are and what NGK are trying to achieve with the new model.
                          Anyway your clearly all over this whole spark plug thing so...
                          sigpic

Comment

taken from Courtenays web site.

High Flow Panel Filter and Iridium Spark Plugs
                            With any of our stage upgrades, we also suggest the addition of one of our High Flow re-useable Panel Filters
                            £32.95 and cooler running Iridium Spark Plugs £32.00 set of four.

Comment

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/da...partno=BKR7EIX

Comment

Working...
                              X