Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milltek, WOW!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Milltek, WOW!!

    Had a full milltek fitted and remap at courts yeaterday, unfortunately was very wet yesterday so couldnt give it much!

    Today however i am really impressed, pulls like a train all the way through the rev range, sounds like a VXR should do and i nearly had a heart attack when it popped for the first time, looked in mirrors thinking something had fallen off!! Out of second into third gives the best pops! (not that i've done it much you understand!)

    Mrs and the little one havent been in it yet, will see what they make of it tomorrow, hope the mrs doesnt think its too loud!! Have to give her ear plugs!!
    sigpic

  • #2
    n1 hope you enjoy gets some vids on and a picture
    Last edited by britishbeef; 14 November 2008, 09:10 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CarlVXR View Post
      Had a full milltek fitted and remap at courts yeaterday, unfortunately was very wet yesterday so couldnt give it much!

      Today however i am really impressed, pulls like a train all the way through the rev range, sounds like a VXR should do and i nearly had a heart attack when it popped for the first time, looked in mirrors thinking something had fallen off!! Out of second into third gives the best pops! (not that i've done it much you understand!)

      Mrs and the little one havent been in it yet, will see what they make of it tomorrow, hope the mrs doesnt think its too loud!! Have to give her ear plugs!!
      Cool, just wait until the Milly carbons up & you'll get them on every gear change!! mines popping 2-3 times on some gear changes at the mo

      What sort of power did she make?

      Comment


      • #4
        Rolling road is being dug out in prep for a new one being fitted so have to go back at a later date for a dyno run unfortunately, know it feels a lot faster though now!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          nice one.........enjoy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CarlVXR View Post
            Rolling road is being dug out in prep for a new one being fitted so have to go back at a later date for a dyno run unfortunately, know it feels a lot faster though now!
            I see, could make for a good excuse to have another visit for me too!

            Comment


            • #7
              Cant Wait Till I Get Mine :d:d
              www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
              www.combatstress.org.uk


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                Cant Wait Till I Get Mine :d:d
                When's that then dude??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                  When's that then dude??
                  WELL NOW IM GETTING A REALLY GOOD WAGE JUST GET CHRISTMAS OUTA WAY THEN OFF TO COURTS FOR 1.5 REMAP WI FULL MILLY
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                    WELL NOW IM GETTING A REALLY GOOD WAGE JUST GET CHRISTMAS OUTA WAY THEN OFF TO COURTS FOR 1.5 REMAP WI FULL MILLY
                    if you are getting the full millie than get a stage 2 map sod getting the stage 1.5
                    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by scoobieeccosse View Post
                      WELL NOW IM GETTING A REALLY GOOD WAGE JUST GET CHRISTMAS OUTA WAY THEN OFF TO COURTS FOR 1.5 REMAP WI FULL MILLY
                      Cool mate, but as timmee has said, you'd best get your stage 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        will the stage 2 make it as quick as the standard astra?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by britishbeef View Post
                          will the stage 2 make it as quick as the standard astra?
                          In 'real world' driving, once under way, a standard zaf will stay with an Astra all day long. The Astra would only start to pull away (albeit slowly) once up to silly speeds and thats only because the bus is about as aero-dynamic as a brick!! So in answer to your question, it would be very marginal of the mark, but once underway; a stage 2 bus is definitely quicker!! A lot of would obviously depend on driver ability of course

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            on the drag strip my stage 3 bus is slightly slower than my stage 1 Astra so I recon no is your answer. Good luck with the huge drive there and back btw
                            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

                            Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                              on the drag strip my stage 3 bus is slightly slower than my stage 1 Astra so I recon no is your answer. Good luck with the huge drive there and back btw

                              stage 2 bus against a 'standard' Astra is quicker

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X