This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Jack?

Does the Zafira carry a jack and wheel spanner. Went to use it the weekend, no jack and no spanner in the rear compartment. Now I am not sure it supposed to be there as there is no sign of a clip for it or anything.

Has the previous owner had it away.

thanks

You don't get any tools or anything with the Zafira. There is however a tyre inflation kit located in the side compartment in the boot.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I had sussed the inflation kit, still find it odd you cannot take off a wheel.

Comment

Stupid if you ask me. If you get a tyre blow out on you what bloody use is a tyre inflation kit!!
        Got to be a guy that designed that idea pmsl

Comment

unless the puncture was made by a tiny pin and is still in the tyre when you realise it's flat then the inflation kit is useless, as mine just leaked out all over the road, all over the wheel and down my bloody arm but did it stick to the rubber, not a fookin hope. i was glued up like a good un when the tow truck arrived oops:

Comment

if you are to get a jack do not get any of them apart from the Zaf A jack. The normal sideways V type ones will fit the chassis but are not strong enough to fit. The Zaf A has a kind of diamond shaped one or double V type. Cant reallt explain it but it is twice as strong
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
              if you are to get a jack do not get any of them apart from the Zaf A jack. The normal sideways V type ones will fit the chassis but are not strong enough to fit. The Zaf A has a kind of diamond shaped one or double V type. Cant reallt explain it but it is twice as strong

Good point mate

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                I know what you mean, one pivots on one side only when raising, the other stronger pivots both sides when raising.

I was gonne use erecting instead of raising

Comment

yea i thought someone had pinched mine to, till i read the manual. suppose its to save weight and the wheel wouldnt fit underneath with the tail pipes in the way

Comment

Working...
                  X