This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash rattle

does anyone know how to remove that black piece of trim on the top of the dash not the smaller placte with the holes with the speaker behinde it the other part that surronds that and goes round the middle top vents i think that is the source of my rattle that sometimes appears.
    cheers

I've removed this piece of trim when I changed the display screen and can confess it's a bugger to do without causing damage!

However, I did find this link which helped - it's in German but you get the jist of it and can use an online translator:

http://www.zafira-forum.de/showthread.php?t=3480

Marc

Comment

had a scan at this i am beginning to think that i will put it in to the dealer to do for fear i #unk something up or damage something i would assume they would look at it undr warrenty what you think?
      thanks for looking that out for me tho, this rattle is weird i think it is coming from where that trim fits at bottom of screen at top of dash closest to foot of window.

Comment

Getting the dealer to look at it is probably a fair move and not an unrealistic warranty request.

It really is an unpleasant experience getting this cover off - some horrible cracking noises and an almost unrealistic level of force required!

Good luck geting rid of the rattle - would drive me nuts!

Marc

Comment

cheers had a look at it today and was scared off!
          think the dealer will be first stop it does not do it all the time just sometines and if i take the cover off the middle and put it back on it stops for a few miles then suddenly starts again and it even does it with the cover off

Comment

went to the dealer in Aberdeen today and the guy was a total cockmaster so much so that i told him what he was he basically said that they would not take a look at the rattle under warrenty and that rattles etc in interior are not covered by the warrenty and how i would have to pay 60 quid an hour before they would even take
            look at it

BASICALLY TO ANYONE OUT THERE IN MY OPINION BELMONT VAUXHALL ABERDEEN ARE A BUNCH OF COCKS STEER WELL CLEAR!!

Comment

Sorry to here about your "great experience" with this dealer, would just about sum up certain dealers with their attitude to these problems. Might be worth a call to customer care?

Comment

Ain't dealers worth every bit of their margins!

Agree with Flinty - classic case for Vauxhall Customer Care - mind you, it's probably worth requesting an alternative dealer whilst you're at it if workable!

There's always the diy option if only to investigate possible cause of rattle - it's not impossible but can relate to the dealer fix option!

Marc

Comment

If i treated my customers with this type of contempt, I wouldn't be around for very long! Tell me SIM did you buy the car from this dealer? as it might explain a few things.

Comment

cheers guys no i actually bought the car from Northern Ireland it was an ex demo car with options and only a couple of k on it they are up for big discount for cash over there unlike what the dealers up here offer.
                    I may give vauxhall customer care a bell, if i was not worried about breaking something i would tackle it myself i think a piece of foam placed in the correct place would do it.
                    mjellison1a:- could you enlighten me as to what you used to prise the trim off, i looked at that german link it looks like a tool for removing bike tyres plus did you unclip it at the back of the screen first then attemp where it attatches at the vents, i think the noise is caused by the trim rubbing on the dash as it sits on top its like a clicking sound :?

Comment

If you dont get any joy from the IDIOTS at Customer care,tell them you will contact Martin Brennan who is the national customer care Manager I did this and got my car swapped

Comment

waht is the tel no. for customer care having trouble finding a contact no for vauxhall customer care
                        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSIM
                          waht is the tel no. for customer care having trouble finding a contact no for vauxhall customer care
                          cheers
                          Try sending a private message to AlexFi, I seem to remember that he had a few dealings with them. Hopefully with him being a "Mod" he might read this & save you the trouble & provide a contact No

Comment

I will sort it out for you today

Comment

THE NUMBER IS 08450 902045 IF YOU DONT GET ANY JOY LET ME KNOW AND I HAVE GOT IS DIRECT NUMBER INC MOBILE

Comment

Working...
                              X