X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluefin question

My unit has just arrived -

When I plug it in will it automatically backup my ECU settings only I am terrified of it buggering up my ECU :-)

Thanks

Its fairly straight forward, just done it on my astra last week for the first time!

You plug it in with the ignition off then just follow the instructions on the bluefin screen. Think it will then tell you to turn the ignition on and will take about 20 mins to save your original data onto the unit.

Comment

right next question - uploaded my original map and waiting for the text message to download the updated map

Will this be the ordinary Bluefin map - I bought mine from TMS so how do I get the TMS map ?

Comment

You may need to speak to TMS about this then, didnt it come with destructions?

Comment

ok sorted now - wow what a difference :-)

Comment

is it a big difference the way it pulls or is it just slightly quicker?
            and is the surge when the turbo comes in greater or smoother through out the gear

how much did the unit cost you if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

best way I can describe is by saying that when I put my foot down now it is much quicker as compared to before when it felt like it was being held back by someone slightly applying the brakes :-)

Seems smoother all round including lower gears. Will report back in a week or so.

Comment

does only make a difference with sports button on or both?

Comment

both

Comment

how did u sort the TMS map out m8 mine come not much 2 go on?

Comment

when u upload your original map to superchips it then downloads the TMS map from the superchips server.

Can someone just answer some other questions -

a) If I want to return the original map can I do this now via the handset without having to connect it to my pc or will I have to connect it to the pc first ?

b) Do I have to keep connecting the bluefin to my PC to check for updated maps or will I get an email telling me there is an updated map ?

Comment

The ones that we supply are different in that they are able to download the other maps (ones direct from SC do not). If in doubt drop us an email with your Bluefin serial number and we can make sure for you.

[email protected]

Please be aware that whilst the servers are all working over Christmas we are not

Comment

Originally posted by gwentvillan View Post
                          when u upload your original map to superchips it then downloads the TMS map from the superchips server.

Can someone just answer some other questions -

a) If I want to return the original map can I do this now via the handset without having to connect it to my pc or will I have to connect it to the pc first ?

b) Do I have to keep connecting the bluefin to my PC to check for updated maps or will I get an email telling me there is an updated map ?
                          a) Just use your handset, connect it back up to your car & it will check to see if bluefin is installed & if you want remove or install.

b)You should get up -dates via e-mail, just reconnect your handset to your pc & upload.

The aforementioned is from previous experience, when I used to run bluefin & may have changed since!

Comment

Working...
                          X