This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knocking noise

my bus has started to make a noise. you can here it when your stopped and turn the steering wheel and at low speeds. it sounds like a spring creaking anyone ever had this?

I had this a few months back, took it to dealer they stripped the suspension and cleaned the joints and not heard nothing since.

Used to be really bad over speed bumps, the slower I went over then the worse it sounded.

Comment

cheers mate. i will have a look at it nex week and see if that helps.

Comment

I had this problem a few months ago and byt the time the dealer got it the problem had gone --- My mate says that they have replaced a number of drop links on Zaf VXR's and the design is different on the IDS suspension as compared to the other Zaf's (which dont seem to suffer and have less replacements).

Comment

I'm not sure on the drop link theory mate as I've had mine replaced & it still does it (albeit very intermittently)....although it is possible that it might have gone soon after replacement

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
            I'm not sure on the drop link theory mate as I've had mine replaced & it still does it (albeit very intermittently)....although it is possible that it might have gone soon after replacement
            Its more the fact that my mate whos parts manager stated that they have replaced quiet a lot of drop links on the IDS set up from the VXR but almost non on the (far more common) std Zaf. The IDS droplink is a different design to the others as it has a kink in it to clear a component and is a different material to the std one..

Its annoying as ours did it for 2 weeks then randomly stopped, almost as if something had come out of a socket and then dropped back in.

Comment

Originally posted by sri cjb View Post
              Its more the fact that my mate whos parts manager stated that they have replaced quiet a lot of drop links on the IDS set up from the VXR but almost non on the (far more common) std Zaf. The IDS droplink is a different design to the others as it has a kink in it to clear a component and is a different material to the std one..

Its annoying as ours did it for 2 weeks then randomly stopped, almost as if something had come out of a socket and then dropped back in.
              Mine did it on the way home from having it replaced and yes it goes as quickly as it comes!!

Comment

mine has stopped doing it now. hopfully it dosnt come back.

Comment

mine does it now and then especially over speed humps and ive got brand new suspension all round which is only 6 months old i fink its just the bus having amoan or a bad day pmsl
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X