This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stone chips

well got to say the paint on the bonnets on these buses are **** its waffer thin my bus is hardly on the road and ive picked up 4 chips and 1 on the roof over the xmas hols.

im considering getting the clear film or what ever they use to cover the front of the bonnet.

any 1 good with photo shop the other option is a carbon fibre type bonnet skin with the v grill done aswell and straight down past the reg plate.

any ideas?

that would be different. bet it would look real nice to

Comment

I could be interested in this, think it would look good with my silver bus!

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

Carl
      sigpic

Comment

would look nice i think even better if dap do 1 of them splitters on the astra for the bus aswell.

Comment

I have a nearly 4 years old GSi bus with the same paint as the VXRs, you will not be pleased to know that I recon the car has approx 2-3k stone chips on it. If you are keeping it for a while you really need to protect it especially in front of the rear wheel arches, mine look like they are made from pummice stone
          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

It always seems to be Arden that suffers -- we seemed to have got loads in the first 4 months or so and its not been too bad since. I think enviromental targets and H & S issues have meant the paints are no longer as good as they once were. Protective film is good if you get it from day one, around £200 - £300 IIRC

Comment

Trust me silver chips just as badly, just cant see it as easy!!
              sigpic

Comment

The vx paint aint the greatest tbh honest, my astra is a 2005 and you'd think id spent two years of that behind a gritter with the stone chips ive gathered.

If your car is fairly new and if your local dealer is understanding you could chance you hand at warrenty for paint defects.

It has been claimed for before that the paint should not be chipping so badly.

I know of a few who have managed to get theres done up here, a burg was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jalfrezigazee View Post
                  I have a nearly 4 years old GSi bus with the same paint as the VXRs, you will not be pleased to know that I recon the car has approx 2-3k stone chips on it. If you are keeping it for a while you really need to protect it especially in front of the rear wheel arches, mine look like they are made from pummice stone
                  Its a nightmare amte, my arden vxr is the same, its a 55 plate with almost 60 thou on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                  X