This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Zafira VXR is this the end?

Well as the subject implies, is this the end? Gordon Brown has really put the boot in this time! I reckon he has knocked thousands of pounds off every Zaffy VXR registered since last April. I mean lets face it, when you sell your car next time around, who in their right mind is going to buy a 2nd hand motor with a road fund liability of £400 - I don't think I would!

;(

Comment

told you to make the most of it, i.e petrol and lack of road tolling....

this will kill the sports market until the government realise that global warming is a trend and they cannot use that cash cow anymore.

still its nice to see the us, india and china doing their bit isn't it.

£400.00 a year is not bad to drive the fastest MPV on the market and also they will become even more exclusive so i think we maybe onto a winner,

band F wil be £230.00 a year so band G at £400.00 is only 16.00 a month more.....

its a load of cxap anyhoo, what the difference in someone driving a 4 x 4 10 miles or a mondeo 30 miles....

makes no sense to the environment, put it on fuel then the more you use the more you pollute so the more you should pay.

seems like a fair way to end that argument.....

i bet the mp's do not stop using there gas guzzlers, or they save it for the weekend.

yet again the motorist is an easy trackable target.....

ho hum.

Comment

only hope your right mate! -still doesn't stop the grin factor, like you said "make the most of it"

regards

Comment

It's only rising to £300 til april 08 then up to £400 so by then they will more than likely have bumped up the F bracket.

I also think the whole pre 04/06 thing is really bad as if you were looking for a VXR I would search for the pre 04/06 ones to take advantage of the tax save. Then again they will be then fought over so people will just opt to buy the newer one.

Comment

I see the Smax 2.5 turbo just scrapes into band F by 1 whole part of co2, I think that may sway a few potential punters away from Vauxhall, looks like Ford did their homework doesn't it!

Can't understand how a car like that, which is bigger, heavier & has a larger engine gets away with the emmisions yet produces simular performance- supposedly , not that i would agree with the stats!
            Perhaps the LEH engine is just dirtier.

Comment

Hmm....well you never you. It's that time of year again and we know what Vauxhall are like...they could come up with a solution to this problem....

Last year we had the little mat that you placed under the throttle pedal on the Astra VXR to "slow it down". This year we could have a bit of carpet to put on the end of the exhaust on the Zafira to "reduce the emissions"!!!

(Dougie/Stu - can I get a share of the profits if that idea takes off!! :wink: )

Comment

lol So if I put my little VXR mat under my accelerator you reckon old Brown pants will drop my car tax ?

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  Hmm....well you never you. It's that time of year again and we know what Vauxhall are like...they could come up with a solution to this problem....

Last year we had the little mat that you placed under the throttle pedal on the Astra VXR to "slow it down". This year we could have a bit of carpet to put on the end of the exhaust on the Zafira to "reduce the emissions"!!!

(Dougie/Stu - can I get a share of the profits if that idea takes off!! :wink: )
                  Carpets are my game! ready to take orders now :wink:

Comment

just read this thread i was woried that you might be over reacting, but looking at this infomation i see why.

Zafira VXR

VXR 230g/km

band prices

try this one for your self.
                    Link

Comment

this only affects cars registered after 23rd march 2006 mine was registered in jan 2006 so mine is only 205 for the year

Comment

Blimey Darren, you got young children? just noticed the time of your post!
                        either that or you are very keen!

P.S you going to Brands? was hoping you might be there so as I could take you up on that offer of a spin in your motor.

Comment

yes mate got a 5 month old girl whos teething and a 2 year old boy whos being sick all over the carpet hence why im up so bloody early again should be goin to brands hopefully if have a better day

Comment

this is ******* rediculas the goverment like's to screw us mpv owner.s i like to get kissed before i get ****** time for a revolution me thinks
                            www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                            www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Still, I wouldn't change my car for anything- Its an absolute hoot! I also have an Audi A4 avant 3.0 tdi quattro, I find the Audi a nice motor, especially in the wet, but give me my bus & the mrs uses that! (suits us both)

Comment

Working...
                              X