This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow bar possibilities?

I'm looking to carry 3 bikes on my Zafira VXR and keen to use a Thule tow bar mounted carrier rather than the roof - need this for the roof box! I'm aware that there are tow bars for the SRI but conscious that the rear bumper of the VXR looks larger and lower.
    Does anyone know if there is a detachable tow bar that can be fitted to the VXR without completely making a mess of and cutting huge holes in the rear bumper as asking most reputable companies seems to draw a blank response?
    Thanks

Car is probably a little early to have the tow bar peeps ready with a version but I've no doubt that they will become available (assume Vxl doe their own one?) I've found emailing direct asking them to let me know when a certain car was covered does get a resonse. Their email addy is on their website.

Comment

Thanks - Local dealer a little unclear if possible and most major tow bar companies have not responded to my enquiries so I'll try vauxhall directly and see if I get some clearer feedback.
      Cheers.

Comment

First Zafira VXR with detachable towbar is being built now. Should be with us end of Feb.
        Stu

Comment

Great stuff Stu - My Zafira VXR is due 1st March, can you shed any light on how I can order the appropriate tow bar after end Feb?

Comment

Stu
            Can you provide any further guidance on the model number for the tow bar I would need as fitted to the one being built due end Feb as outlined in your earlier post?
            Do you happen to know if it requires much cutting of the bumper?
            Many thanks.
            Marc

Comment

Hi did you get a tow bar fitted to your zafira. Iv'e just ordered one from vauxhall plus a cover to fit over the cut out, on the bumper when not in use.

chris

Comment

When I bought my GSi Zafira the salesman and I nearly came to blows over this very subject. They said no probs we can supply and fit a towbar with no bumper cut when I ordered. Good job the dealers workshop called me the day before I took delivery to ask if I minded a 2" x 2" cut out in the bumper. Eventually I got one from http://www.towbarsdirect.co.uk/Vauxhall.htm. They don't list one yet for your car but if you contact them they can call their suplliers to ask for the latest info. Maybe get your car used for a pattern
                sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Working...
                X