This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio CD30 MP3

Anyone know how to remove the radio? I want to add a aux input so I can connect an MP3 player, phone, and/or navi. I would appreciate too if anyone can point where the aux I/P is just to gain time.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Radio CD30 MP3

Originally posted by zerimar
    Anyone know how to remove the radio? I want to add a aux input so I can connect an MP3 player, phone, and/or navi. I would appreciate too if anyone can point where the aux I/P is just to gain time.

Thanks in advance.
    dont know if correct but dont think you can add aux input on the cd 30

Comment

thanks for the reply michael, i was at first not 100% sure but on pages 59 and 62 of the radio's manual it states, "Ext. in Vol.: Volume for external audio source, e.g. mobile telephone". since i couldn't wait for 3 mos. for a custum built one, i bought the car from the showroom which had most of the options i wanted. the only things missing in the audio dept. are the aux input, bt, and navi.

Comment

i know some folks have put diffrent head units in,dvd players with sat nav etc

Comment

Originally posted by zerimar
          thanks for the reply michael, i was at first not 100% sure but on pages 59 and 62 of the radio's manual it states, "Ext. in Vol.: Volume for external audio source, e.g. mobile telephone". since i couldn't wait for 3 mos. for a custum built one, i bought the car from the showroom which had most of the options i wanted. the only things missing in the audio dept. are the aux input, bt, and navi.
          see this link dont know if it helps ??????????????????????
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...ight=aux+audio

Comment

thanks for all the help. too bad coz the cd30 mp3 is not that bad except for the crappy speakers. i'll see what i can find out over the weekend.

i was actually thinking of mounting a pioneer hd3bt (navi, bt, aux, etc.) which is quite expensive and my wife is gonna kill me since i just upgraded my ht system with new speakers, receiver and dvd player.

Comment

I was able to partially remove the head unit and it turns out its aDelphi-Grundig and not a Blaupunkt one. There were two connectors. The upper one is a 16-pin (4 x 4) where in the 1st two are for the speakers, then there's CAN-Hi, CAN-Lo, Tel Mute, Gnd, Ar, CS-, 12V, and CS+. The lower connector (smaller) has nothing connected to it.

What are the CAN, Ar, and CS for? Is it possible that the lower connector holds the Aux I/P?

Comment

This would be a solution to everyone who has an OEM CD30/CD30MP3 head unit without aux input. I have not purchased it yet but will soon do and give it a try. I'm still uncertain wether to get just the Auxgate Easy or the Connect. Check out this links; http://www.i-sotec.de/en/index.html or http://www.d-reinhardt.de/dr_web_eng...avi_frame.html and click on the PDA Mute Adaptor link in the News section.

Comment

Working...
                X