Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zafira does not a have an Off switch for traction control !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zafira does not a have an Off switch for traction control !!

Sheriff
    Administrator
    Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:40 pm Post subject: Zafira B, 2.0iT (Z20LEH), Autocar, 21/11/06
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Magazine: Autocar
    Date: 21/02/06
    By:
    Found by VXRonline user: Catherine
    States that the Meriva and Zafira VXR do not have a switch for the Traction Control because the company fears product liability claims.
    Next weeks Autocar will have a test of the Zafira VXR round Brands Hatch
    I was interested to see the above comments in the press related articles section of the forum for the Zafira.
    The "EPS" system in the Zafira, which appears to monitor vehicle movements, under and over steer etc and then automaticlly brakes individual wheels etc, is what I assume is referred to as the "traction control" ?. If so then see below.
    EPS can be disabled for higher performance driving (see page 181 of the Zafira VXR handbook) by holding in the sports button for four seconds, thus disabling EPS, both a written & visual display then shown on dashboard.
    EPS can be reactivated by depressing the sports button again.
    Makes the handling a lot more exciting
    Or have I got it all wrong again !!!!!!!!!!!!
    The_Jackal

I would interested to know if the TC/EPS cuts back in after 40mph. Can you turn it off above 40. The vectra can only disenagge below 40 mph.

Comment

jackal your a star i no what button i'm pressing in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
        I would interested to know if the TC/EPS cuts back in after 40mph. Can you turn it off above 40. The vectra can only disenagge below 40 mph.
        i will give it ok later and let you know. defnietly can be turned off though and i will see if it kicks at any speed

Comment

ok just been out for a spin and turned esp off got up to 70mph and stayed on also got up to 70mph and held sport switch down for 4 seconds and it turned esp off.

Comment

Vert intersting, completely different. I have a TC button but does not turn off above 40. Oh well so be it.

Comment

Likewise in my Zafira, have now tested it and can deactivate ESP at any speed and it stays off until re activated !!
              The_Jackal

Comment

Same here switch on or off at anytime. Just lost half inch of tyre tread

Comment

Working...
                X