Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Xenon HID Kit Help.!!!!!!!

Hiya all.

I am after Buying a D2S Xenon Headlight kit for the Bus for when the NEW Xenon Headlights get Retro Fitted but i have been told I need Canbus Ballasts as the normal HID kits will cause Warning Lights on Dash or Warning Messages on the Dash screen.

Is this True ?????

What Units have You Used???? Any Problems?????? Where From????????

Please remember i need to use the wiring from standard H7 Halogon lights but i need a D2S Bulb.

Yes, you will need canbus one, or they will flick and bring up error messages. Try HIDDIRECT. Had carmodshop one, H7 though, not happy with them, lol.
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Where did you get your current HID Kit from???

Are you happy with them????

have you had any problems, fault messages or lights come up?????

I need the D2S bulbs for mine !!!!!!!

Comment

I wasnt happy with mine, got them from carmodshop, sold them and went for H7 Metec, love them. The problems that I had was the lights had no pattern at all, so, couldnt do the alignment, just a blur patch of light. No error meesages as they were canbus one.

As said, try HIDDIRECT.
        Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

ok Cheers.

Guessing you got your Mtec HIDs from HIDDIRECT?????

Comment

My Mtec are standard lightbulbs, no ballast needed, not as bright as HID but not bad.

Comment

Oh Right get ya now.

Just checked HID DIRECT and i can only either find a Canbus Xenon Kit with H4 or H7 bulbs or a D2S Bulb kit with only the normal Ballasts. Ravin Beef has said he can do the full job for £300 so it might just be wiser to let him do it all and save the stress even if i do have to drive to Aberdeen. LOL !!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X