This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headrest lcd monitors

Hi guy's, just wondering if anyone has had any headrest lcd monitors installed in there bus and wondered if they were simple to install and any problems. I've been looking on the net about getting them installed and problems with the headrest brackets when removing foam stopping the screens being recessed fully. I am due to get some installed shortly but could be an expensive mistake if they don't fit properly. Any advice and pics would be welcome. I am gonna post on astra link aswell as i think they are same headrests if i remember right. Cheers guys.

Can be done, but you cant really go above a 6.5" screen.
    See below, they are on the limit...

Comment

One of the first things I wanted in mine:--

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36531

Got the headrests of eBay, had to drill out the steel pole that's in the seat so the wires run down.

Comment

Another interesting read.....http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2791

Comment

They are ok as long as you do not have active headrests that is why I went for the Alpine roof mount.

Lee

Comment

have two 9.2 screens in outside centre row seats for viewing in the back row, if you know what I mean, just need better input source.
            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. I have ordered my vxmmi unit and 4 screens. Will post pics when its done. Cheers.

Comment

What screens did u go for?

Comment

Just in discussions with them now. Thanks to you guys i think i like the look of around 6" screens. There website shows 6.2" as standard but including bracket is 7.5" which i have measured is right on the edge of the headrest, so am trying to get slightly smaller.

Comment

Working...
                  X