X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed - Bluefin failed to uninstall and car dead

Hi

I'm new on here and have am in need of some urgent help..

I'm due to trade my 57 plate Zafira for a VXR8 tomorrow morning and decided to uninstall the bluefin.. However my Bluefins screen went blank during the process and it all went wrong. Now im left with a car that will not start and the trip computer displays F mpg.

Has anyone got any idea of how to salvage this situation???

hello mate, as far as i know if removing the software when downloading it wipes the ecu memory, and you need to get the standard map to download to your ecu.

Comment

who did you get the bluefin from

Comment

Originally posted by vxr_lol View Post
        who did you get the bluefin from
        I got it from Thorney Motorsport about 18months ago.. Used once before to turn the car back to standard, but it all wnet wrong this time.

Not a happy bunny, was meant to pick up the VXR8 at lunch time tomorrow

Comment

I think you need to ring superchips, you will be able to help.

Comment

Well the screen suddenly started working again... figure that out!

It now displays a message saying the car has been imobolised and to contact supachips. It also refers to a PCM error what ever that means.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Comment

Don't worry about it. Phone the dealer, tell him it's all effed up, and they'll sort it out, surely, you are buying a VXR8 off em?

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
                Don't worry about it. Phone the dealer, tell him it's all effed up, and they'll sort it out, surely, you are buying a VXR8 off em?
                Only draw back is the dealer i'm getting the VXR8 from is 120 miles away... and my local dealer has only offered shoddy service so far.

Comment

I still reckon be honsest with the dealer, they'll easily re-install the standard map. You just need to get it there - how much would a recovery truck take to do a 240 mile round trip?

Comment

Originally posted by red1 View Post
                    I still reckon be honsest with the dealer, they'll easily re-install the standard map. You just need to get it there - how much would a recovery truck take to do a 240 mile round trip?
                    That thought was begining to cross my mind...

HOWEVER by some miracle i managed to get the original map reloaded. I went out to the car to write down the error messages and code and after that i thought "just one more try" except this time i left the ignition on before connecting the bluefin.
                    Hey presto it worked!!! i daren't more for the next 10 minutes (not even to shut the door from the cold wind) just in case that affected it.

Still miracle of miracle im up and running again..

To those who responded thanks for ideas and thoughts

Jim
                    Last edited by Blue; 9 October 2009, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Oh Christ, I was goin' to recommend the "one last try" method until about 2am tomorrow morning, but thought you'd better be fresh to drive back your new car later that day!! Can rest easy now, go have a drink.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow, and what it's like!!!!

Comment

Glad it is sorted and you can get your VXR8

Comment

That was a bit of luck, glad to hear that you managed to get it sorted.

Comment

Well it all went well and the Zafira is awaiting prep by looker.. I felt really guilty driving there as the car had been brilliant (right up until last night! - if i was paraniod i'd have thought it knew it was being traded in!)

Still the VXR8 is outstanding, just loved her driving back. Mind you the seating position is completely different (not surprisingly) and i had a little panic attack on a corner when the road dipped away (normally can seen fine in the Zafira) but the car was completely solid on the road. Absolutely great fun.

Only down side at the mo is the Sat Nav. The dealer claims to have lost the disk, but i don't know how to tell it has been fitted...

Anyway thanks once again for the ideas and sympathy..

Jim

Comment

nice 1 m8

your going to have some fun with the new car get some pictures up for us all to see

Comment

Working...
                              X