This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek ...

A couple of questions for the Milltek owners, (Or anyone with knowledge on them)

Is the cat back the same bore as the full system, I seem to remember something about the Astra one being different, the cat back being narrower, but could have been dreaming !!

Can the cat back fit a sports cat , and will a sports cat fit onto my decat pipe (Magnex) , or is there something between them ?

Basically wanting to know if cat back is the way to go , then add a sports cat further down the line , to go with the exsisting decat, or would I be better off (from a performance point of view) going for the full system .

Also is Thorney the cheapest place to get one ??

Any feedback appreciated ..

Hi mate, the full system & the cat back both have the same bore size. The sports cats is the same where by you can use add it later (any VXR/GSI one will do). The full system is: front de-cat pipe - sports cat - cat back. I myself started with a front pipe & added the sports cat & cat back a month or two later.

Comment

Cheers mate, thats the way I was thinking to do it, have the front decat, so cat back next then sports cat I recon ...

Comment

yeah, I suppose that is a good thing; being able to interchange the bits...

Have you got the pre-cat on already?

Comment

Precat is not on at the moment as I am awaiting a new turbo under warranty , soon as that is on the Precat will be on ..

Comment

good idea, at least then you'll be taking the heat away quicker from the new blower aswell....

Comment

Hello, Bainie,

This is what I have done, lol.

Had the pre-cat fitted first, well, about a month ago, really like the sound of it, you can really hear the difference, lol.

Got a cat-back in the shed and a sports cat on order, so should have a turbo-back system by next week end, lol.

The system is really a mixture, Scorpion pre-cat, cobra sports cat and a milltek cat back.

will let you know how I find them.

Just a note if you are having your turbo replaced under warranty, it is worth to ask them to replace the clamp which clamps the turbo to the pre-cat. the first thing my mate said after he fitted the pre-cat for me, was "you lucky bA5***D", he said that the threads of the clamp was eating itself due to heat, it almost seized, so, worth to have that replaced too, hth.
              Last edited by SilverSchoolBus; 14 October 2009, 08:48 PM.
              Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                Hi mate, the full system & the cat back both have the same bore size. The sports cats is the same where by you can use add it later (any VXR/GSI one will do). The full system is: front de-cat pipe - sports cat - cat back. I myself started with a front pipe & added the sports cat & cat back a month or two later.
                i got all them inc downpipe from courts and a 3" stainless system ,
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy View Post
                  i got all them inc downpipe from courts and a 3" stainless system ,
                  how you getting on with it mate?

Comment

Working...
                  X