X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam belt

Hi guys
    new on the forum, got a 56 zaffy vxr in arden, just at 35k, i belive the cam belt needs doing at 38k. i live between cannock and lichfield any one know where its best to get it done, dealer or not and how much to pay.

VX recommends 80K, lol!!!!!! Some of us has replaced it at 40K, I will be having it done at 40K, which would be at least 2011, lol.
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

I thought 38k was too soon but i thought i saw that in the hand book.
      thanks.

Comment

For what reason u having it done at 40k?

Is this due to upgrades? If so maybe I should be getting mine done!

Comment

I know the old GSi was every 40K, thought the VXR may have been the same?

Comment

Get them chaged at 40k Vauxhalls common fault to snap cam belts before they are due for service

Comment

vauxhall recomend to change at 6 yrs or 60 k

Comment

What is the cost for the belt to be replaced?

Comment

tuners recomend even standard vxrs get cam belt and water pump changed at 40k as they are bad for screwing up better being safe than sorry wi our exspensive cars guys
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

I had better get mine booked in. How much is it going to cost me? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Pymzola View Post
                      What is the cost for the belt to be replaced?
                      Just replaced mine last week on the astra along with the water pump as well cost £270 exactly

Comment

I offer the entire timing belt kit for £75 delivered. But then there is the labour on top. RRP £96.03

Comment

Would this be covered under 3 year warranty if it snapped prior to the recomended milage change?

Also seems some confusion is it 40k, 60k or 80k miles?

Comment

Originally posted by vxrvirg View Post
                            Would this be covered under 3 year warranty if it snapped prior to the recomended milage change?

Also seems some confusion is it 40k, 60k or 80k miles?
                            If the car is standard and still under warranty, it would be covered unless they dealer can prove the car has been abused. The usual conditions apply, regular serviced by the dealer of course.
                            Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Working...
                            X