This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption

I have read people getting about 30 mpg! But ever since I have had mine I get 20-21mpg. I have the sport button on not that often an most driving is around town!

Anyone else this low?

I generally get between 28 to 30 mpg upto around 37 on a motorway. Although i have seen the gauge go from 2 to 999 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pymzola View Post
      I have read people getting about 30 mpg! But ever since I have had mine I get 20-21mpg. I have the sport button on not that often an most driving is around town!

Anyone else this low?
      Welcome to the ultimate bus club - which one of the downside is, fuel consumption.

I used to get 24 mpg with my air-con stuck ON and standard. A tankful would not do more than 280 miles, thats 80 % is town driving.

Bus since then re-mapped, pre-cat fitted and the air-con sorted out and now, I get around 26-28 miles, or 300 miles for a tank of T99, lol.

20-21 mpg? How many miles is that for a tankful then?
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

my instant display wont go below 7 mpg!! i have tried!
        sigpic

Comment

In between fill ups lol, we average about 365 miles range but that does go down on the driving style and do average 28mpg with the odd blast with sports button

Comment

Anyone else this low?
            Would love 30MPG even driving in 6th gear doing 50 wouldnt return them numbers lol are the buses that juicy then??
            sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
              Would love 30MPG even driving in 6th gear doing 50 wouldnt return them numbers lol are the buses that juicy then??
              Not quite as the 8 mate but a tuned stage 3 does come quite close with a heavy right foot

Comment

christ really surprised at that, i know the vecs are thirsty but i really thought the buses where a bit better
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Anyone else this low?
                  I think your figures for town driving are totally fine mate! I'm the same, always hear of people getting 30mpg but if you drive these things as i personally believe you should then 25mpg or below sounds right!
                  Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life ; )

Mods - Milltek Exhaust System - Private VXR Plate + 'Black Ice' Magic Tree Air freshner!

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                    christ really surprised at that, i know the vecs are thirsty but i really thought the buses where a bit better
                    I came from a vec to the bus , Same drving style on both cars , vec gave around 20 - 24 , Bus is giving me 29-30 , so bus is lighter to run . No motorways up here and lots of hills which affects mpg as well . Both cars got a good clear out when the bairn isn`t there ...

21 does seem very low, could be an issue there tbh ?

Comment

I used to get 29 from my vec but now only 20-21 never seen it over 21 even on a long run!

Do I think it maybe to the remap? Saying that with the button off it's only 245bhp so I should get close to the standard guys mpg?

I don't drive it hard all the time I only have a blast on the dual carriage ways or motorway but nothing stupid!

Running T99 at the mo as that is what the remap was done on at TMS. Maybe should give Vpower a try! Apparently you get more mpg from it.

Comment

I am guessing you maybe paying the price of Stage 3 , but it does seem low tbh , My vec was mapped to 300 , and did that kinda mpg ..

Comment

If you're doing mostly town driving then the mpg you get is to be expected, a good mix should be around 27-28 mpg, on motorways mid-late 30's is easily achieved. As Bainie has already said, you may have an under lying problem which could be anything from poor fueling to a leaky exhaust. What fuel are you using?

Comment

I'm running tesco 99 and don't use the sport button that often! So would of thought a bot more mpg as it would be close to standard.

Comment

Have you worked it out manually, or is that by the computer on the car . Sometimes they lie ! Do you notice filling up frequently ?

Comment

Working...
                              X