This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think i've blown a speaker

Hello guys as the post says i've got a badly vibrating speaker on the front driver side door. Not had chance to have a proper look yet with it being dark but does the whole panel have to come off to fix or replace? or does the mesh over the speaker remove?

Not sure but from all my previous cars it's been the whole panel!

Comment

Originally posted by Pymzola View Post
      Not sure but from all my previous cars it's been the whole panel!
      I was told that the whole panel has to come off, this put me of upgrading them.

Comment

I have a bad speaker noice on my bus Hodgy, think it may be the Door Panels to be honest as the niose is reduced when i reduce the bass and treble level.

Try that before you take the door to pieces.

Comment

the doorpanel does have to come off, only 5 t20 screws holding it on with some clips, not that hard really.
          3x t20 along bottom of door 2 behind grab handle and a big pull at bottom and lift up, et voila

Comment

Have you made sure that it's not anything rattling in the door pocket first? I thought that my near side front speaker had blown once, only to find out upon further inspection, that the other half had left something in the door pocket that was vibrating with the bass

I know it's not very likely, but it's worth a try.
            sigpic

Comment

If i pull the door pocket away from speaker the vibration stops so it looks as though i am going to have to take the panel off and put some sort of padding behind? I have checked and nothing is loose.

Comment

Working...
              X