This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you consider...

if you need to replace the bus? I looked at quite a few different cars and 4x4 before I cam across my bus.

I haven't had my 3rd row seats up since I picked the bus up in January. Basically all I need is a car with big boot, so, I would consider an insignia, vxr touring of course!

However, if I wanna get another people carrier, what is the next best people carrier out there?

Cheers.

PS I am not selling, just curious.
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

I looked at a Nissan Pathfinder before my Bus, good spec looks good 7 seats if needed, but i had just got rid of my jeep cherokee diesal and the fuel cost on a 4x4 is a lot worse even than the bus.
    so i would say Honda frv , but i dont think i could be happy as i am with my bus in any thing else ( i still look at it out the window before bed.).

Comment

Test drove the FRV too, it was a good drive but it was a bit pricey, also, didn't like the salesmen there, lol.
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

His loss, i'm confident ( if i dont win the lottery) my next car will be a bus.
        Just hope they do a vxr on the new one

Comment

If I win the lotto, the bus would still be in my fleet, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
            If I win the lotto, the bus would still be in my fleet, lol.
            So would mine, but it wouldn't stay standard for very long. Do they do a stage 10?
            Power Red Zaffy with 19's now gone and replaced with Insignia 2.0 CDTI Sri Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Bigh View Post
              So would mine, but it wouldn't stay standard for very long. Do they do a stage 10?
              Without a doubt, I will put a vxr8 engine into the bus in I win the lotto, lol. As they say, anything is possible if money and time is available, I am sure I will have both if I win the jackpot, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                Without a doubt, I will put a vxr8 engine into the bus in I win the lotto, lol. As they say, anything is possible if money and time is available, I am sure I will have both if I win the jackpot, lol.
                LOL silver hmmm now that would be fun a LS3 6.2 bus he he..........
                No room for 7 seats mate

But if had to trade the bus plus keep the other one only 3 vehicles come to mind another VXR8, Jag XFR or a Insignia VXR ( slightly tuned by courts if poss) blow the kids they can get public transport

Comment

I went from a Zaf VXR to a FRV and then back to a VXR again, in about 8 months lol. The FRV is a very nice car. We had the EX 2.2 oil burner, It was lovely, but it's just not a VXR

The only other one that I looked at is the S-max, either the 2.5 turbo or the 2.2 diesel. Both are quick cars, the 2.5 being only 0.1 sec behind the VXR to 60. But I could'nt find one in the spec that I wanted, as I did'nt plan to buy new, glad really, as I ended up with the VXR again and a new one at that

#EDIT- good choices HITMAN
                  Last edited by dave.tam; 12 November 2009, 09:49 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers mate

Hows the smile now the bus is back getting bigger and bigger I bet

Comment

Lovin' it. It's good to have it back. I just need to speak to Daz and get the SMD's done
                      sigpic

Comment

I feel a trip coming on for you he he

Comment

The 2.5 titanium Smax would be the only othe contender for me, but still not a patch on the bus tbh ... I looked at an S3 5 door when I got the bus as I don`t need the extra seats either, just the space. The S3 was a better choice, but there were none 2nd hand around so kicking the *** of 30k wasn`t for me !! Still in the high 20`s for a year old one so depreciation aint a bad thing with them !

Comment

Sod it get a skyline GTR its got 4wd thats wot im doing the bus is great but its just not fast enuf

Comment

Working...
                            X