Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zaffy vxr headlamps

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zaffy vxr headlamps

    I'm looking for a good mod to the head lamps, to get her up to xenon spec. I had the factory option on my Zafira GSI but i cant seem to find anything after market for the VXR. Any suggestions?

  • #2
    Been looking for a set since day one I got the bus, lol, there is no after market kit out there. You best bet is to keep checking on ebay or similar to see whether you can find a pair of afl and replace them with your halogen headlights. By all means, you can get them form the dealer, but it is VERY VERY pricey.

    For me, I have long given up and just happy with my Mtec H7 light bulbs.
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by keifv View Post
      I'm looking for a good mod to the head lamps, to get her up to xenon spec. I had the factory option on my Zafira GSI but i cant seem to find anything after market for the VXR. Any suggestions?
      If only you were a member on here last week as i had a set for sale, they were LHD but went for a bargain £100.

      Just keep looking on ebay like school said, i found mine by chance, dont zafira xenon headlights as you will find none, just search zafira head lights, There may be hundreds and mostly are bulbs but be patient and you will find some.

      but be careful, you will have a fight on your hands, there is a bus owners queue. LOL

      Comment


      • #4
        cheers, I'll keep my eyes open then. do the lhd ones mod to rhd easily then?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by keifv View Post
          cheers, I'll keep my eyes open then. do the lhd ones mod to rhd easily then?
          I would say it is only possible if you know someone with zafira which has afl fitted and willing to let you to drop their bumper and plug the harness to the lhd headlights, lol.

          It is not difficult but just need to find THAT genuine person, lo.
          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll get my hands on some lights (one day) and then "post" see if any one is willing? cheers for your help.

            Comment


            • #7
              jeez it has shocked me pricing these up.

              RRP on AFL headlights is £1246.60!

              I can do these at £850 delivered if anyone is interested but i understand its a lot for only 2 headlights!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Matt, are these units bare ready to accept after market lamps, ie hids-4u or similar, I've heard that they come with a wiring harness ready to plug into the loom you should have fitted if they were a factor option and therefore cant be retro fitted?
                just don't want to shed 1k all in with the lamps and then find its not all compatible!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by keifv View Post
                  Matt, are these units bare ready to accept after market lamps, ie hids-4u or similar, I've heard that they come with a wiring harness ready to plug into the loom you should have fitted if they were a factor option and therefore cant be retro fitted?
                  just don't want to shed 1k all in with the lamps and then find its not all compatible!
                  If you dnt have AFL units to want them, then they can be retro fitted, Just ask Ravin Beef, He Can do it. You wont have the AFL function you will have the xenon with the help of additional wiring and a Canbus D2S HID Kit,

                  Like i said ask Ravin, he can do it and was planning to do so. Go on Keifv, Get them its Christmas. LOL !!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ha xmas, barhumbug i say, just interfere's with things.!!
                    i've only had the zaf 3weeks and have a mod list as long as my arm, had fitted kenwood dvd with rear screens for the bun lids, the stubby ariel, rarb on order, top hat 1.9 airbox and oil restricter on order, still searching exhaust (any suggestions) headlamps (ouch) wheels (19's silver not polished), reading the posts probably looking for some dap-r springs and a forge intercooler in the new year

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice set of Mods you have picked/Ordered.

                      When i owned my Bus i got told to get a Miltech Exhaust (oval) looks nice, Also for the springs you have no chance matey, myself and fellow bus drivers waited ages with no joy( stopped making at present I think), If you take my advice then contact Thorney Motorsport they have a nice spring kit (stage 2) which is 40mm drop and will look mint and wont affect your IDS+.

                      All the mods you mentioned sound good mate and sounds very similar to SilverSchoolBus car, He is good for advice on the bus.

                      And like I said if you do eventually find some AFLs (And thats a BIG IF) then Ravin Beef is the man who can do it.

                      Ps: mate think carefully before you get the 19s mate, I got some 19s cheaper then i sold my 18s which seemed strange and i found out why, They are really heavy and seemed to slow my car down quite a bit, also once i took the 18s off for the 19s i didnt think it sat as nice, also it made the car need lowering even more.

                      Hope this helps. !!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would go for the 19`s , 18`s look a bit lost on the bus I reckon ?? Did you fit screens in the headrests , if so any pics ?

                        Exhaust really has to be a Milly .....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                          When i owned my Bus i got told to get a Miltech Exhaust (oval) looks nice, Also for the springs you have no chance matey, myself and fellow bus drivers waited ages with no joy( stopped making at present I think
                          DAP springs are superb & are available as part of a group buy at the moment through Courtenay sport, there is a short lead in time but well worth the wait no compromise on ride quality & works fantastic with the IDS.

                          Group buy: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=DAP+springs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hope my PM got through.

                            i can do some good prices on new vxl wheels. Both 19's can be delivered for £260 each. I have the anthracite wheels in stock but can get the silver wheels just as easily.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                              DAP springs are superb & are available as part of a group buy at the moment through Courtenay sport, there is a short lead in time but well worth the wait no compromise on ride quality & works fantastic with the IDS.

                              Group buy: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=DAP+springs
                              Typical isnt it, When i wanted the springs they were unavailable, now the bus has gone...... Good luck getting a set, they are ment to be awesome !!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X