X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 19 INCH ALLOY FOR 2004 ZAFIRA GSI-WILL THEY FIT OK

HI
    I CURRENTLY OWN A 2004 VAUXHALL ZAFIRA GSI AND I AM GOING TO PURCHASE THE NEW VXR 19 INCH ALLOYS FOR MY CAR-MY QUESTION IS WILL THESE ALLOYS WITH 235/35/19 TYRES FIT MY 2004 ZAFIRA GSI
    CAN ANYONE TELL ME PLEASE
    THANKS
    PETER

PM user id "Zafira VXR", he may well know as I think his GSI has 18inch at present, but thought there was talk about the 19's. The offset on the 19inch are 43/44 ( I think) so this may help.
    if you have no luck with any other reply and don't get a response I'll call him for ya.

Comment

Where are you buying them from and how much are they, everytime I have asked at a dealer I have been told they are only a factory fit option and not aftermarket.
      Quite like the look of the irmscher 19" gt star wheels as well but they are a tad expensive....
      http://www.babez.de/irmscher/irmscher-astra-gtc.php

Comment

HI
        I HAVE A PAL WHO WORKS FOR VAUXHALL PARTS EXPRESS AND THE PRICE IS £800 FOR A SET OF NEW ZAFIRA VXR ALLOYS,THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THE CHANCE OF BUYING THESE TO FIND OUT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH CLEARANCE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,FITTED WITH 235X35X19 TYRES
        THANKS
        PETER

Comment

Peter,
          The VXR 19" alloys are 8 x 18" ET43, the same as Vectra option 19" wheels, I have the 19" wheels on my Vectra anda week or two ago fitted them to the Zafira.
          On 235 35 19" tyres, they WILL rub on the outer front arches when the suspension compress's and they will rub the near side front of the wheel arch liner when on full lock.
          The 235 35 19 tyre also has a too larger diameter to keep the rolling radius the same as standard GSi rims with 225 45 17".
          I have Astra Coupe 18" 11 spokes on mine which are 7.5 x 18" ET45, fitted with Yokohama Parada 2 22540 18" tyres, these are the same rolling radius as the standard GSi tyre and I have experienced no problems what so ever. Even with the 260bhp mine is running, the 18's actually improve the drivability.
          If you want to use the 19" wheels, you must use a 225 35 19" tyre, this will keep the rolling radius the same as 225 45 17" tyres. The 19" wheel is not ideal for Zafira GSi but you should get away with it.
          With this set up, the outside edge of the 19" rim will stick out approx 10.2mm more than the standard 17" GSi rim. (4mm lower offset, plus 1/4" extra rim width.
          On the inside, your will stick in only 3.5mm, as although you have an extra 1/4" of rim on the inside as well, (7.5mm) you have lost 4mm by the lower offset.
          Hope this helps.
          Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
          Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

HI
            THANKS FOR THAT INFO,I WILL BEAR IT IN MIND,I AM GOING TO SEE THE TYRE MAN ON WED TO DO WHAT YOU SAID,HOPEFULLY WE WILL COME TO A COMPROMISE ON EITHER
            THANKS
            PETER

Comment

Peter,
              Hope it goes OK!!
              Good Luck!!
              Matt
              Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
              Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Fits without any problems. I had only cut off a small piece of plastic from the side-skirt. Tires are, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35/19. Lowered with Irmscher (Eibach) springs.
                Sorry for my bad English .

Comment

here's min wi 19" on it
                  [/img]
                  www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                  www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bluezafke
                    Fits without any problems. I had only cut off a small piece of plastic from the side-skirt. Tires are, Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35/19. Lowered with Irmscher (Eibach) springs.
                    Sorry for my bad English .

From Germany?

Comment

Bluezafke..how much are your car lowered??I´m surfing on www.ebay.de nearly every day trying to decide wich lowering-kit I´m gonna buy to my OPC.

Right now I´m into 30/30mm..but there loads of kits.. :P

Comment

I´m gonna look at a set of used 19"(exactly the same that I have now but 18")in a few days.Its 8x19" with ET36.Today its 215/35 on them(2 of them are finnished.Is it possible to use these wheels with 225/35??

Will there be aby problems with that ET??

Comment

Well, the rims on the pictures up have an ET of 43.
                          That's a difference off 7 mm on each side. If it isn't lowered, it should not make any problems I think.

Comment

Its gonna be lowered next week 35/30mm.. I´ve ordered new springs from www.tuning2.de..

So,its not possible then?.Hmm...I really want to try but its not really smart to buy the wheels(around 700Pounds)and then 2 new tyres(350)..and then they dont fit :?

I thought I would borrow them for a few days but the tyres on now, are only 215/35 so its not gonna tell me the truth..****..(sorry).

Comment

Haven't you got any club-friends in Sweden who could borrow their rims after you've fitted the new springs?

It is possible for sure, but don't know what's nessesery to make it work all right. I think you have to pull the wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X